|2016 Met Gala Looks by Laura Mercier & ReVive
Dubai, UAE, May 4, 2016:
2016 Met Gala
May 2, 2016
Look by Jenn Streicher, Celebrity Makeup Artist for Laura Mercier
Jenn Streicher, celebrity makeup artist for Laura Mercier, created a simple, monochromatic makeup look to complement Emily Blunt’s stunning Michael Kors dress for the 2016 Met Gala. Streicher shared that the eyes were the focal point of the beauty look. To coincide with this year’s theme, Manus x Machina: Fashion in an Age of Technology, Streicher created a “Very modern beauty look, with clumpy, right-off-the-runway lashes.”
- First, Streicher prepped Blunt’s skin with RéVive Intensité Moisture Serum Extrême ($365), followed by Révive Intensité Crème Lustre Day ($385) and RéVive Moisturizing Renewal Eye Cream ($150), which refined her skin and increased the look of natural fullness.
- Next, Laura Mercier Foundation Primer – Oil Free ($36) was applied to the entire face, to ensure long-lasting makeup throughout the entire evening.
- To achieve a soft, glowing look, Streicher used NEW Laura Mercier Candleglow Soft Luminous Foundation in Linen ($48) over the entire face, and Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC-2 ($35) to even the skin tone.
- To accentuate Blunt’s gorgeous cheekbones, Streicher created a light contour with Fiona Stiles Sheer Sculpting Palette ($28) and then applied Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder ($40) right above her cheekbones to emphasize a nice, sheer glow.
- To set the look, Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder ($38) was applied to her entire face.
- Next, Streicher primed the eye using Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Cotton ($27). She then glided Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Vanilla Nuts ($25) to add a light neutral champagne hue all over the eyelid. She then applied Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Fresco ($25) to the crease all the way up to the brow, to bring in some warmth.
- To intensify the rich brown colour, Streicher applied a small amount of Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Truffle ($25) to the crease.
- Streicher then applied Ardell Long Black ($5) lashes across her lash line and added three coats of Laura Mercier Faux Lash Mascara in Black ($26) to create a “clumpy lash look.”
- Adding the final touch, Streicher used Laura Mercier Velour Lovers Lip Colour in Embrace ($28) for the perfect pout.
2016 Met Gala
May 2, 2016
Look by Pati Dubroff, Celebrity Makeup Artist for Laura Mercier
(Photo from Vogue.com)
Pati Dubroff, celebrity makeup artist for Laura Mercier, created a “80’s-inspired, part David Bowie, part Debbie Harry, new romantic” makeup look to complement the emerald green lace bodice of Dakota Johnson’s incredible Gucci dress for the 2016 Met Gala. Dubroff shared, “The look tonight was all about the eye – a pop of green color and glitter.” To coincide with the evening’s theme, Manus x Machina: Fashion in an Age of Technology, Dubroff added a lot of shine to Johnson’s look. She shared it was a “nod to something outer worldly.”
- Dubroff shared, “Dakota takes impeccable care of her skin and is always well hydrated, so in one regard my job is really easy.” To prep Dakota’s skin, Dubroff gave her a facial massage to increase the blood flow and relax her skin. She then applied Laura Mercier Foundation Primer ($36) throughout the t-zone to ensure her stunning makeup lasted throughout the night.
- To create a soft glow, Dubroff applied NEW Laura Mercier Candleglow Soft Luminous Foundation in Dune ($48). Dubroff started at the center of Dakota’s face using a foundation brush and “worked the foundation in moving toward the perimeter, concentrating on areas that need more coverage and bypassing areas on face that did not.”
- To ensure no redness or blemishes were visible, Dubroff applied Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer in SC-3 ($35).
- To give Dakota a rosy flush, Dubroff blended Surratt Artistique Blush in Parfait ($32) on the apples, sweeping upwards and outwards towards the temple. In a slight nod to Dakota’s 80’s-inspired look, Dubroff swirled Laura Mercier Face Illuminator in Devotion ($44) over the top of Dakota’s cheeks for a slight sheen.
- Dubroff shared, “The eyes were the main focus for Dakota’s beauty look tonight.” She first lined Dakota’s upper lash line and lower corner with Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eyeliner in Black Ebony ($25). Dubroff then applied Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Peacock ($29) on the inner rim and slightly over the black liner to give Dakota’s eyes a pop of bold green color. To further intensify Dakota’s stunning green look, Dubroff added a touch of MAC Fluidline in Ivy ($16.50) to the inner rim.
- To make Dakota’s eyes sparkle, Dubroff applied Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Petal Pink ($25) on Dakota’s inner corner and lid, and added a dash of green glitter to the lid.
- To finish Dakota’s eyes, Dubroff applied a pair of Ardell Demi Wispies Black False Eyelashes ($5) and a coat of black mascara.
- To create a “sweet pink lip” that accentuated her pop of green, Dubroff used Laura Mercier Paint Wash Liquid Lip Colour in Petal Pink ($28).
Sarah Jessica Parker
2016 Met Gala
May 2, 2016
Look by Leslie Lopez, Celebrity Makeup Artist
Celebrity makeup artist Leslie Lopez created a beautiful metallic makeup look to complement Sarah Jessica Parker’s ensamble by designer Monse for the 2016 Met Gala. To coincide with the theme, Manus x Machina: Fashion in an Age of Technology, Lopez and Parker agreed that she would wear a “Very bold, metallic eye,” which inspired the rest of the makeup look.
- Lopez prepped Parker’s skin with RéVive Intensité Les Yeux ($225) around her eyes, followed by RéVive Moisturizing Renewal Cream Suprême ($195) on her face.
- Lopez stated, “I always like to moisturize her skin and let it set for 15-20 minutes before I start applying makeup.”
- Next, with her fingers, Lopez applied Laura Mercier Silk Crème Moisturizing Photo Edition Foundation in Bamboo Beige ($48) to achieve an all-natural glow. Lopez shared, “I like the foundation to be light – so the skin can look natural and be seen. To achieve this, I only applied the foundation where it was needed to even the skin’s texture.”
- She then layered on Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Golden Mosaic ($44) mixed with Laura Mercier Face Illuminator Powder in Seduction ($44) to the apples of her cheeks, temples and décolletage. This combination of products helped to create a beautiful, sun-kissed look.
- Next, Lopez applied Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Tuxedo ($29) and mixed it with Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Rosegold ($29) on the eye lids to make it bit lighter. She then used her fingers to blend in Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Gilded Gold ($29) under Parker’s eyebrow bone.
- She completed the eye look by curling the star’s lashes with Shu Uemura Eye Lash Curler ($20) and topped them off with a few coats of Rimmel London Extra Super Lash Mascara ($3.39).
- Lopez shared “Bold eyes are always the priority for Sarah. She loves a good, strong eye and loves using Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Tuxedo.”
- She created a natural lip by layering NEW Laura Mercier Velour Lovers Lip Colour in Infatuation ($28) and Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Bronze Gold Accent ($25).
2016 Met Gala
May 2, 2016
Look by Nick Barose, Celebrity Makeup Artist
Celebrity makeup artist Nick Barose created a “clean, yet dramatic” makeup look to complement Gugu Mbatha-Raw’s ensemble for the 2016 Met Gala. To coincide with the evening’s theme, Manus x Machina: Fashion in an Age of Technology, Mbatha-Raw wore a dress by Gabriela Hearst with “modern graphic details.” Therefore, Barose was able to “play with makeup colors.” Barose shared, “This look was about tough attitude, so I went a bit stronger on the brows. This made the bold lips look tougher and not too feminine or glam.”
- First, Barose massaged Mbatha-Raw’s skin with RéVive Intensité Crème Lustre Day Firming Moisture Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen ($385), which increased her skin’s elasticity and gave it a firm, bright look. Barose let the cream sit on Mbatha-Raw’s skin while her hair was being done so that it was fully absorbed, then blotted the excess away with a tissue when it was time to apply makeup.
- Barose applied Laura Mercier Foundation Primer - Oil Free ($34) to keep Mbatha-Raw’s gorgeous makeup lasting all night.
- To create a luminous glow, Barose applied NEW Laura Mercier Candleglow Soft Luminous Foundation in Golden ($48). To even out the skin and provide more coverage for the under-eye area, Barose applied Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer in SC-4 ($35).
- He wanted to give Mbatha-Raw’s skin a soft, matte finish with a touch of warmth, so he dusted Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Bronze-02 ($40) all over her face.
- Barose swirled Surratt Artistique Blush in La Vie En Rose ($32) on the apples of Mbatha-Raw’s cheeks to give her skin a natural, rosy flush.
- To enhance the warm glow in Mbatha-Raw’s skin, Barose dusted Laura Mercier Face Illuminator Powder in Addiction ($44) on the bridge of her nose and on top of her cheekbones.
- Barose prepped Mbatha-Raw’s eyelids with Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Peach ($27) and dusted powder on top to set.
- He then filled in her brows with Laura Mercier Brow Definer in Warm ($22).
- Next, he brushed her brows with Laura Mercier Eye Brow Gel ($22) to set them. He shared,
- To define Mbatha-Raw’s eyes, Barose lined them with Laura Mercier Longwear Crème Eye Pencil in Noir ($25). Barose then smudged Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Moonlight ($29) in her crease to create a smoky-eyed look.
- To finish, Barose applied two coats of Laura Mercier Long Lash Mascara in Black ($26).
- To prep the lips, Barose applied Laura Mercier Infusion de Rose Nourishing Lip Balm ($24). He completed the look with NEW Laura Mercier Velour Lovers Lip Colour Infatuation ($28).
2016 Met Gala
May 2, 2016
Look by Andréa Tiller, Celebrity Makeup Artist
Celebrity makeup artist Andréa Tiller wanted to give Amy Schumer “radiant, glowing skin with a statement cat eye and soft defined lips” for tonight’s Met Gala. To complement this year’s theme, Manus x Machina: Fashion in an Age of Technology, Tiller’s goal was to create, “a graphic, edgy cat eye, and this event is the event to do it in. Anything out of the ordinary is ordinary here!”
- To give Amy soft, moisturized skin, Tiller applied Sisley’s Express Flower Gel ($140) as a hydrating mask, then massaged RéVive Moisturizing Renewal Cream ($195) into Amy’s skin.
- For smooth skin under the eyes, Tiller applied Laura Mercier Repair Eye Crème ($75).
- Tiller used Laura Mercier Foundation Primer – Radiance ($36) all over her face before makeup application to give Amy’s skin an inner glow.
- For lit-from-within skin, Tiller opted for NEW Laura Mercier Candleglow Soft Luminous Foundation in Golden ($48). Tiller applied the foundation all over Amy’s face using her fingers to even out her complexion. Tiller then lightly smoothed Laura Mercier Secret Concealer in Shade 1.5 ($25) under the eyes to create a radiant and bright look.
- To set the foundation and concealer, Tiller lightly brushed Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder ($38) under the eyes of on the T-zone using a powder brush.
- Tiller used Laura Mercier Bronzing Pressed Powder in Dune Bronze ($34) with an angled cheek contour brush to contour and with a bronzer brush to bronze along Amy’s cheekbones, temples, hair line and under the jaw for a natural, sun-kissed look.
- To give Amy’s skin a flawless glow, Tiller lightly dusted NEW Laura Mercier Face Illuminator in Devotion ($44) on top of the cheekbones using a fan powder brush.
- For a youthful look, Tiller swirled Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Plum Radiance and Barely Pink ($26) on the apples of Amy’s cheeks.
- To prime the eyes, Tiller used Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Wheat ($27) using a crème eye colour brush.
- Tiller used the Laura Mercier Extreme Neutrals Eye Shadow Palette ($58) to frame Amy’s eyes and give them a bold, dramatic look.
- To give Amy a smoky-eye, Tiller applied the Chocolate Espresso shadow from the palette at the outer corner of the eye, tapering it to the middle.
- Tiller lined Amy’s waterline with Laura Mercier Kohl Eye Pencil in Brown Copper ($25) and applied Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eyeliner in Black Ebony ($25) to her lash line to create a full lash effect.
- To add more drama, Tiller “created a feline flick” with Laura Mercier Kajal D’Orient Eye Liner in Noir Supreme ($28) and smoothed out the edges with an angles eye liner brush.
- Using a brow defining brush, Tiller applied Laura Mercier Brow Powder Duo in Deep Blonde ($28) to enhance Amy’s natural brow shape. She then brushed Amy’s brows up and set them with Laura Mercier Eye Brow Gel ($22) to ensure they would hold their shape throughout the night.
- To complete the eyes, Tiller applied two coats of black mascara on the upper lashes and one coat on the lower lashes. She then gave Amy individual false lashes on the outer corners of her eyes to “enhance the cat eye look.”
- To line and fill Amy’s lips, Tiller used Laura Mercier Lip Pencil in Naked ($24). She then applied Laura Mercier Lip Parfait Creamy Colourbalm in Amaretto Swirl ($25) all over the lips and finished the look with Laura Mercier Lip Glacé in Blush and Bare Pink ($25) mixed together.
- For the body, Tiller used “one of Amy’s favorite, go-to body moisturizers for hydrating radiance,” Laura Mercier Almond Coconut Milk Body Butter ($35).
Back to AlTayer Group PR