Saoirse Ronan 2016 Tony Awards June 12, 2016
Look by Talia Sparrow, Celebrity Makeup Artist
Celebrity makeup artist Talia Sparrow wanted to give Saoirse Ronan a “modern and romantic look with youthful, dewy skin” for tonight’s Tony Awards. To complement her beautiful porcelain skin, Sparrow used Laura Mercier cosmetics to keep her look “clean and fresh, while sculpting without contouring.”
- First, Sparrow used the ReVive Balancing Toner ($65) and the Laura Mercier Blemish-less Foundation Primer ($36) to give Saoirse soft, moisturized skin. Sparrow believes that the number one rule to achieving flawless, glowing skin is priming it. “If you have a good canvas, makeup sits better.”
- Sparrow used Laura Mercier Candleglow Soft Luminous Foundation in Crème ($48) for an inner glow look. She applied the foundation all over Saoirse’s face to emphasize her porcelain skin.
- She then applied Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC-1 ($35) to even out her complexion.
- Next, she highlighted and sculpted Saoirse’s face with the Laura Mercier Face Illuminators ($44). Sparrow used Devotion on her cheekbones, then applied the darker shade, Seduction, to the bridge of the nose, Cupid’s bow and brow bone. Sparrow suggests highlighting rather than contouring for a more natural and three-dimensional look.
- Sparrow set Saoirse’s look with Laura Mercier Mineral Powder in Soft Porcelain ($40) to ensure it lasts the night.
- To complement Saoirse’s dress and romantic hairstyle, Sparrow used Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Stick Colour in Seashell ($29), which she layered with Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Stick Colour in Pink Opal ($29) for depth and to bring out her piercing blue eyes.
- Saoirse’s top and bottom lashes were primed with Laura Mercier Long Lash Mascara ($26), followed by three coats of Full Blown Volume Suprême Lash Building Mascara ($26) on the top.
- To further accentuate her eyes, Sparrow tightlined Saoirse’s top lashes with Laura Mercier Kajal D’Orient Eye Liner in Noir ($28).
- To tie her whole look together, her lips were flushed with Laura Mercier Paint Wash Liquid Colour in Petal Pink ($28).