Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates—10 May 2021: Abu Dhabi University students won second and third places in the Research Collaboration Competition (X-Research), organized by Skyline University College, Sharjah, UAE. The competition aims to promote scientific research and foster an entrepreneurial mindset among students at universities in the UAE.
Students from five universities participated in the competition where they showcased their research under the theme ‘Application of Emerging Technologies and Sustainability’.
ADU’s Ahmed AbuGhali, Abdullah Al Salmani, and Ahmed Al Soufi from the Electrical, Computer, and Biomedical Engineering Department took second place for their project on ‘Smart Photovoltaic Modules’ under the supervision of Dr. Anas Altarabsheh, ......read more
Through Stevens Initiative Connected Classrooms, 50 Faculty Members Will Connect Students in Morocco, the United Arab Emirates, and the United States Through Virtual Exchange
AJMAN, May 9, 2021: Today, the Stevens Initiative announced its second cohort of faculty scholars and university leadership teams participating in Stevens Initiative Connected Classrooms, a program for a select group of institutions dedicated to expanding global education opportunities through virtual exchange. Ajman University will partner with faculty members at Portland State University and Green River College to plan virtual exchanges that they will implement in classrooms for the next two years.
Stevens Initiative Connected Classrooms brings virtual exchange experiences to students across Morocco, the United Arab Emirates, and the United ......read more
Themed ‘For Your Imagination’, the festival will run from May 19 – 29, 4pm – 10pm at Sharjah Expo Centre
• 385 children’s events including workshops and plays
• 172 publishers to headline prestigious event
• 27 authors from 15 countries will participate
• 132 activities to take place at the Comics corner
• 9th edition of the Sharjah Children's Book Illustration Exhibition
Sharjah, May 6, 2021: The Sharjah Children's Reading Festival (SCRF) is back again to unite young readers with creators of children’s literature and allied arts from May 19 – 29, 4pm – 10pm, at the Sharjah Expo Centre.
Themed 'For Your Imagination', the 12th edition of the festival ......read more
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates - 3 May 2021: As part of its Alumni Engagement Strategy, Abu Dhabi University (ADU) has launched the ADU Alumni Academy, the primary focus of which is to address the needs of ADU alumni and build strong relationships with them across the institution. The Academy will provide professional development opportunities for graduates on a range of topics and exceptional networking opportunities for them, career guidance for new graduates seeking work, and other activities that will contribute to their personal and professional growth.
Launched by the Employability and Alumni Relations Office, Student Affairs Department, the Alumni Academy's core purpose is defined by four pillars: the development of a vibrant culture to engage alumni holistically and purposefully; the promotion of lifelong learning ......read more
• Dubai Cares’ immersive and engaging pavilion experience will explore how we are preparing ourselves and future generations for increasing disruption and the need for adaptability
• Pavilion experience will also introduce visitors to Dubai Cares, a global movement that brings equitable access to education and learning opportunities for children and youth to help them to take charge of their future
• Dubai Cares opens registration for its flagship RewirEd Summit set to take place from 12 -14 December 2021 at Expo 2020 Dubai
Dubai, UAE, 3 May 2021: Dubai is more than host to the tallest building and the largest man-made island; it’s also home to some of the most charitable people in the world. Led by a visionary leader, they’ve created a movement that is bringing equitable access to ......read more
AU Chancellor Dr. Karim Seghir and other dignitaries attend the ceremony
Ajman, United Arab Emirates, 3rd May 2021
Ajman University honored renowned sports journalist and media personality, Mustafa Al-Agha in a ceremony held at the University’s campus on 2nd May, 2021. He was presented with a trophy and his work in the media and social spheres was acknowledged in a speech by Ajman University Chancellor Dr. Karim Seghir..
Mr. Al-Agha is most recognized for his presentation of the “Sada AL Malaeeb” program and his role as sports programs director at MBC Group (Middle East Broadcasting Centers). In addition to the Chancellor, other AU dignitaries in attendance at the ceremony included Dr. Abdulhaq Al Nuaimi, Vice chancellor for Communication and Community Affairs; Dr. Shaher Momani, Dean of Humanities ......read more
● Star International School Mirdif’s Early Years Foundation School (EYFS) registered a staggering growth of 45% this year
● The school’s facility has been praised by the DHA and KHDA authorities for adhering to the highest Covid-19 safety standards
● School introduces “Log In and Learn” 15-minute online sessions to familiarise the public about the school without the need to visit
29 April, 2021, Dubai, United Arab Emirates: Star International School Mirdif, a bespoke family-oriented and research-driven British curriculum school in the heart of Mirdif, recently launched its “Log In and Learn” initiative, which is a series of 15-minute long online sessions for potential and newly-enrolled ......read more
• Students and staff marked anniversary with time capsule and tree planting-ceremony
• Founding Principal, first Head Girl and Boy return to the school after three decades
• Virtual ceremony in honour of school founder, Madam Varkey, is attended by 700
Dubai, United Arab Emirates - April 27, 2021: GEMS Our Own Indian School (OIS) staff and students have penned personal messages for the future in a ‘time capsule’ as part of celebrations for the school’s 30th anniversary, with a special event also held in honour of founder Madam Mariamma Varkey.
Senior leaders of the school were invited to contribute to the commemorative ‘time capsule’ containing notes from 30 staff, as well as handwritten letters from Grade 2 students whose parents are ......read more
Al-Ain, UAE - 26th April 2021: The United Arab Emirates University proudly shares that the first female Arab astronaut, Nora Al-Matrooshi, is one of its graduates. She obtained a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from the UAE University in 2015.
His Excellency Zaki Anwar Nusseibeh, the Cultural Adviser to the President of the UAE and the Chancellor of UAE University, expressed his deep appreciation and gratitude to His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai, for his precious trust in the potential and abilities of the UAE's youth in opening and exploring new prospects in the fields of science, technology, and innovation, and to fulfill UAE's space ambitions.
"We are delighted that one of our graduates was ......read more
In a step that provides continuous academic and professional development opportunities
The International Bureau of Education accredits the university to be the Arab regional center of excellence for curriculum and capacity development
Mansoor Al Awar: “We are continuing to employ our advanced capabilities in establishing standards of excellence in updating curriculums in support of UNESCO’s efforts to provide quality education for all.”
The move comes as a continuation of the success of the joint cooperation aimed at reshaping the future of education and learning in the Arab world and North Africa
UAE, April 26, 2021 - Hamdan Bin Mohammed Smart University (HBMSU) has been selected by the International Bureau for Education of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) ......read more
• The students presented a paper on resilient cities and a COVID-19 case study of Abu Dhabi at an international conference focused on ‘Lockdown Urbanism’
• The students were invited to publish their research in the International Review for Spatial Planning and Sustainable Development, a Scopus indexed journal ranked Q2
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates — 25 April 2021: Architecture students from Abu Dhabi University’s (ADU) College of Engineering (COE) presented a research paper titled ‘Resilient cities and COVID-19 – an Abu Dhabi case study,’ at an international conference focused on ‘Lockdown Urbanism,’ organized by the International Community of Spatial Planning and Sustainable Development.
The research paper was presented to a panel ......read more
• GEMS Education showcases students’ creative designs, initiatives and inventions
• Partnerships and internships with industry leaders equip students for digital future
• GEMS Centres of Excellence at the forefront of innovative technology and learning
Dubai, United Arab Emirates - April 21, 2021: GEMS Education is marking World Creativity and Innovation Day (21 April) by celebrating the unique designs, creations and inventions of its students.
All schools in the GEMS network are driven by the firm belief that students learn best in a creative environment where they can confidently develop their ideas and learn from peers, highly engaged teachers and industry experts.
GEMS Education’s Centres of Excellence lead the way in pioneering ......read more
• The wining team’s robot is capable of capturing aerial images to map out the furnaces and uses artificial intelligence to analyze the image data
• Winning robot prototype to be manufactured for use at Emirates Global Aluminium
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates—14 April 2021: Abu Dhabi University (ADU) has announced the success of its students in the third edition of the Emirates Global Aluminium (EGA) 2020 of the AI Robot competition. Once again, Abu Dhabi University’s Electronics and Communications Engineering (ECE) and Mechanical, Electrical and Computer (MEC) teams won three out of the top four positions (1st, 3rd, and 4th) in the EGA competition.
Emirates Global Aluminum (EGA) awarded the first-place winners from ADU’s College of Engineering AED 70,000 and the ......read more
• GEMS schools work with students to assist others and support their wellbeing
• Mental health issues tackled with help of pupil mentorship at GEMS Metropole
• Students at GEMS Modern Academy launch web platform to help relieve stress
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 14 March 2021: Trained GEMS Education school students are working alongside experts to offer mental health advice to any peers who are struggling. The initiative is inspired by the National Strategy for Wellbeing 2031 adopted by HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.
One such programme is being carried out at GEMS Metropole School titled ‘Teen-to-Teen Mental Health First Aiders’ (MHFA) where students provide confidential ......read more
• John Bagust to begin headship at GEMS Royal Dubai School in August 2021
• Vicky Martin steps down after 15 years at Outstanding-rated British school
• Incoming principal will lead RDS into First Royal Alliance partnership with FPS
United Arab Emirates - April 07, 2021: GEMS Education has appointed John Bagust as the new Principal of GEMS Royal Dubai School (RDS), starting August 2021, taking over from the current Principal/CEO Vicky Martin, who has led the school since its opening in 2005.
An experienced leader having held the positions of Head of School and Principal since 2002, John brings extensive experience in improving and leading schools through British School Overseas (BSO) inspections as well as CIS and IB accreditation. He joins RDS from The New Cairo ......read more
• New BTECS will deliver student-specialised teaching in emerging digital industries
• School will be offering added support from sector experts from home and overseas
• Courses are part of the school’s focus on preparing students for a digital-led future
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 31 March 2021: GEMS FirstPoint School – The Villa will become the first school in the UAE and the region to deliver two specialised courses in digital game design and esports for its students.
The BTEC courses, which will be offered from September 2021, will offer industry-level hardware and software and be held in a specially created creative media suite and immersive room. The initiative is supported by industry leaders Pearson and British Esports Association, with further sector ......read more
• One former shortlistee and one former longlistee make the 2021 shortlist
• The longlist comprises books from 5 countries: Algeria, Iraq, Jordan, Morocco and Tunisia
United Arab Emirates - March 29, 2021: The Eye of Hammurabi by Abdulatif Ould Abdullah, Notebooks of the Bookshop Keeper by Jalal Bargas, The Calamity of the Nobility by Amira Ghenim, The Bird Tattoo by Dunya Mikhail, File 42 by Abdelmajid Sebbata and Longing for the Woman Next Door by Habib Selmi have today been announced as the shortlisted works for the 14th International Prize for Arabic Fiction (IPAF). Each of the six shortlisted authors will receive $10,000, with the winner announced on 25th May receiving an additional $50,000.
The shortlist was revealed by this year’s Chair of Judges Chawki ......read more
• Expansion will eventually increase school’s capacity by a further 1,800 spaces
• Students will have access to increased academic, sports and recreation facilities
• Growth reflects school’s reputation for providing exceptional education and value
United Arab Emirates - March 29, 2021: GEMS Founders School – Dubai (GFS) is set to expand in time for the start of the 2021-22 academic year in September, increasing its capacity by an initial 1,000 places and rising to a total of 1,800 in the longer term, in response to high demand for its high-quality and affordable education provision.
The school’s campus will be enlarged to encompass the purpose-built site previously occupied by GEMS Al Barsha National School for Boys, located immediately ......read more
• The event theme was “Responding to the call: How sustainability can transform your business” and aimed to explore the triple bottom line and sustainable development goals
• More than 150 individuals joined the event and attended its different sessions
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates—28 March 2021: Knowledge Group (KG), the training, development, and consulting arm of Abu Dhabi University (ADU), in collaboration with Abu Dhabi School of Government, an affiliate of the Department of Government Support Abu Dhabi, held its virtual Knowledge Day this week, through which it addressed the importance of sustainability to businesses.
The event took place under the theme “Responding to the call: How sustainability can transform your business” and aimed to explore the ......read more
• The strategic partnership offered more than AED 68 million worth of funds to support the needs of 3,130 students
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, 27 March 2021: Zakat Fund, in collaboration with Abu Dhabi University (ADU), have launched the ‘Our Youth Our Responsibility, Our Zakat Our Immunity' initiative for the eleventh year in a row to raise funds for local and expatriate students to reduce their financial burden.
Since its launch, the initiative has raised more than AED 68 million and extended financial aid to 3,130 students. This year, it hopes to reduce the financial burden of 500 deserving students who are eligible zakat recipients.
His Excellency Abdullah Bin Aqeeda Al Muhairi, Secretary General of Zakat Fund, commented, “For the past ten ......read more
Sheikha Moza's research will be published in one of the most prestigious international engineering journals of the International Institute of Civil Engineers (ICE), 'Environmental Geotechnics'
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates – 24 March 2021: During the 7th Education Interface Exhibition and Middle East Youth Conference, held under the patronage of Lt. General His Highness Sheikh Saif bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior, Sheikha Dr. Moza bint Tahnoun bin Mohammed Al Nahyan, a faculty member in the College of Business at Abu Dhabi University, and Chair of the College Advisory Board, presented research results regarding the measures taken by the municipal solid waste (MSW) sector during the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as recommendations for future ......read more
• Grade 6 to be introduced from April 2021 with further grades added year-on-year
• Robotics, AI, space and financial literacy among exciting new programmes offered
• Collaborative, project-based learning at centre of students’ educational experience
United Arab Emirates - March 22, 2021: The Kindergarten Starters has been approved to become an all-through school from the beginning of the 2021-22 academic year, serving students from kindergarten all the way up to Grade 12. As a result, the school will be renamed GEMS Legacy School, reflecting its new extended K-12 provision.
The school is set to add new grades year-on-year, starting with Grade 6 in April 2021. In addition, a number of unique new features and enhancements will be introduced with immediate ......read more
• FirstPoint School and Royal Dubai School pool resources and share best practice
• Schools will still continue to operate as individual institutions on their separate sites
• The First Royal Alliance to launch at beginning of next academic year in September
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 18 March 2021: Two leading GEMS Education schools are creating an exciting new alliance from September to further enhance the quality of all-round education for all their students.
The First Royal Alliance will be formed for the next academic year between GEMS FirstPoint School – The Villa (FPS), and GEMS Royal Dubai School (RDS), offering pupils at both the best possible support across multiple areas by pooling facilities and resources. They will also hold several joint events together while ......read more
United Arab Emirates - March 18, 2021: Alpen Capital (ME) Limited announced the publication of its report on the GCC Education Industry for the year 2021. The report provides a comprehensive overview of the GCC education sector and outlines the outlook, recent trends, growth drivers and challenges in the sector. It also profiles some of the prominent education companies in the region.
“COVID-19 has caused significant disruption to the GCC education industry but governments and operators have been swift in their response in terms of policies, initiatives, teaching methods and business models to ensure continuity of education. The pandemic has placed integration and utilization of technology within the education system at the forefront and the sector will continue to innovate and evolve. We believe that factors ......read more
• KGS is only school in the UAE to be recognised among competition’s leading 10
• Nisha Mohsin, Grade 3 teacher at KGS, achieves the top UAE teachers’ ranking
• Seven teachers from KGS reach the finals - the highest of all the schools in UAE
Dubai, United Arab Emirates 14 March 2021: The Kindergarten Starters School has topped the scoreboard for UAE schools participating in the Centre for Teacher Accreditation (CENTA) Teaching Professional’s Olympiad (TPO) as one of only 10 schools worldwide to register seven finalists.
CENTA’s teaching practice competition attracted around 25,000 individual entrants from all over the world, of which 500 were shortlisted as finalists on March 5, 2021. The organisation aims to elevate the teaching profession by assessing and ......read more
April 28, 2021: Ajman Free Zone (AFZ) showcased its advanced capabilities as a viable environment for educational institutions during its participation at the Ajman International Education and Training Exhibition (AETEX) 2021. AFZ has become an attractive destination for educational institutions to establish their operations in the United Arab Emirates and continues to witness a growing ......read more
Collaboration aims to professionally train and enable young talents to tackle modern-day issues
26 April 2021: Akhbar Al Aan and the American University in the Emirates (AUE) have recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to provide support to students aspiring to build successful careers in the media. The agreement will help set the stage for establishing a professional environment ......read more
Digital transformation expert to help University students put theoretical knowledge into practice
April 19, 2021 - The University of Sharjah and EVOTEQ - the solutions provider that champions digital transformation for businesses and governments - signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to enhance knowledge application and encourage innovation among the University’s students.
The ......read more
31 March 2021 - His Excellency Lieutenant General Dhahi Khalfan Tamim, Deputy Chief of Police and General Security in Dubai and Chairman of the Board of Governors of Hamdan Bin Mohammed Smart University (HBMSU), recently chaired the second regular meeting of the Board of Governors for the academic year 2020/2021. The meeting discussed the University’s unique learning approach that focuses ......read more
Chevron Readers’ Cup, Oxford University Press Story Writing Competition and Montegrappa Letter Writing Competition winners honoured at special ceremony
• The Emirates LitFest celebrates Month of Reading with awards for talented writers, readers and performers
Dubai, 14 March, 2021: The winners of the Emirates Airline Festival of Literature‘s ......read more
Program ignites creativity and entrepreneurship and encourages the youth to explore business opportunities and define their career paths.
19-year-old student Richard Galpate, was announced as the winner of the first season of AKTASHIF
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, March 10th, 2021: Canon Middle East (CME), a provider of imaging technologies and services, has announced the winners ......read more
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates—07 March 2021: Along with the support of Abu Dhabi University’s Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) and Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Center (ADNEC) Electrical and Computer Engineering students at Abu Dhabi University (ADU) worked together to design and implement an integrated system ‘D1Cart’ to provide people of ......read more
The DIA team will compete with 50 other global finalists in the Wharton Global High School Investment Competition
Dubai, UAE; 7 March 2021: The team from Dubai International Academy (DIA), Emirates Hills, is the only GCC region team to qualify for the global finals of the University of Pennsylvania’s prestigious Wharton Global High School Investment Competition, an annual contest ......read more
United Arab Emirates - March 06, 2021: High Performance continued in the January examination series as Year 11, 12 and 13 students at the GEMS Cambridge International School, Abu Dhabi received their International GCSE and A level results today. 269 students received either final grades or modular results today across the subjects of Arabic, English, biology, chemistry, physics, ......read more
As the UAE’s national Reading Month gets underway, students from GEMS Royal Dubai School are taking their reading to adventurous new levels with an ‘Extreme Reading’ competition which sees them read in the most unlikely of places.
ãÚ ÇäØáÇÞ ÔåÑ ÇáÞÑÇÁÉ ÇáæØäí Ýí ÏæáÉ ÇáÅãÇÑÇÊ¡ íÑÊÞí ØáÇÈ ãÏÑÓÉ ÌíãÓ ÑæíÇá ÏÈí ÇáÎÇÕÉ Åáì ãÓÊæíÇÊ ÌÏíÏÉ æÎáÇÞÉ ãä ÎáÇá ......read more
• The partnership will see Abu Dhabi University working jointly with Politecnico di Milano, the leading technical university in Italy
• The collaboration was forged based on a mutual interest in research and teaching opportunities
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates—23 February 2021: Abu Dhabi University (ADU) has signed an MOU with Politecnico di Milano, the ......read more
• Coming in line with the wise leadership's directives to involve the youth in improving government services.
• Implementing initiatives that keep pace with the aspirations of future generations regarding public library services.
• Approving five initiatives that will be implemented in Dubai Public Library branches.
Dubai, UAE, 22 February 2021: As ......read more
- The MoU aims to promote ties between both institutions through student placements, training programs, facility and resource sharing and knowledge exchange.
- Abu Dhabi University and Advanced Cure Diagnostic Center will cooperate across consultancy, academic studies, institutional support and development, as well as research and development.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab ......read more
• Nine-year-old activist Licypriya Kangujam calls for climate change education
• eduCCate Global CEO aims to add sustainability to GCSEs
• The Westminster School – Dubai pledges to plant 5,000 trees by the end of 2021
Dubai, United Arab Emirates - February 15, 2021: Nine-year-old environmental activist and founder of The Child ......read more
University’s campus buildings become the first educational institution in the UAE and the Middle East to receive the seal through International WELL Building Institute
HBMSU meets key features for receiving the rating seal which includes cleaning and sanitization procedures, emergency preparedness programs, health service resources, air and water quality management, and ......read more
• The two institutions to participate in various areas of cooperation aimed at providing the pupils education and internship opportunities to help prepare them in their career endeavours
• ECI to provide internship programmes for University of Sharjah (UOS) students as a prerequisite for graduation, participate in the university events as guest speakers, and support the university ......read more
Niranjan Gidwani – Consultant Director and Former CEO of Eros Group Dubai
Dear Friends, Change-makers, Influencers and leaders of the future,
As many of you, across the world, have passed out, or are in the process of graduating from various institutes of repute, we, your seniors, are fully aware of your predicament and thoughts raging through your minds. Even otherwise, a few decades ......read more
United Arab Emirates - February 03, 2021: Ajman University (AU) will hold the Graduation Ceremony for its students in an interesting drive-through format this year, from February 7-10. At a time when universities around the world are cutting down on student experiences and interactions due to the Covid-19 pandemic, AU has chosen this unique format to ensure that students enjoy ......read more
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates—02 February 2021: In line with its commitment to maintaining academic success and in celebration of the UAE Innovation Month 2021, Abu Dhabi University (ADU) has launched a new incubation program led by the University’s Innovation Center. The program aims to develop the entrepreneurial skills of its students and offer young talent the opportunity to ......read more
Running from 20 January 2021 until 20 February 2021, the University’s ‘ADU Innovates!’ 2021 competition will see students from across various disciplines put their creativity to the test
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates—26 January 2021: Abu Dhabi University’s (ADU) Innovation Center has launched its annual ‘ADU Innovates!’ competition to ......read more
Dubai, UAE, 26 January 2020: City Centre Mirdif has launched an all-new community hub, offering people from the area and beyond a welcoming space to learn, socialise, work on their wellbeing and be entertained.
Catering to visitors of all ages, the family friendly Mirdif Club will host a wide range of classes, workshops and engaging activities for the whole community to enjoy. The workshops ......read more
United Arab Emirates - January 24, 2021: Innoventures Education student Isha Reddy engaged more than 700 students across the UAE in a contactless, 10-day eco drive to collect and recycle waste. Reddy, 17, is a student of Dubai International Academy Emirates Hills and founder of Go Akhdar, a platform that encourages sustainable living through community initiatives. The ongoing ......read more
Dual language ‘Centennial in Review’ follows success of IFHC’s first species conservation game ‘Journey of a Bird’, which is officially recognised by the UAE Ministry of Education
Abu Dhabi, UAE — 24 January 2021: The International Fund For Houbara Conservation (IFHC), the global leader in pre-emptive species conservation, has enhanced its burgeoning ......read more
United Arab Emirates - January 20, 2021: City Football Schools is now providing coaching sessions for aspiring young footballers at a fantastic new venue on Al Maryah Island in Abu Dhabi.
Players aged 3-18 can sign up for the programme at ACTIVE Al Maryah with sessions available three times per week, on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
The announcement ......read more
Dubai, 19 January 2021: His Excellency Justice Dr Jamal Al Sumaiti, Director General of Dubai Judicial Institute (DJI), welcomed Guillaume Leyte, President of the University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas. This visit came in line with the framework of DJI’s endeavours aimed at strengthening academic cooperation with major international educational institutions and exchanging ......read more