• Award promotes librarians’ exceptional impact in encouraging reading in their schools
• The fifth consecutive year of collaboration between Emirates Literature Foundation and The Executive Council of Dubai highlights the importance of promoting the love of reading to the younger generations
Dubai, United Arab Emirates - September 13 2020: The search is on for the UAE’s top school librarians with the return of the prestigious annual School Librarian of the Year Award. Now in its fifth year, and given by the Emirates Literature Foundation in collaboration with the General Secretariat of The Executive Council of Dubai, it recognises and honours those individuals who have been shown to make a difference in supporting both the culture and education that develops a student’s ......read more
Touba Marrie, who graduated in 2019 from NYU Abu Dhabi, will pursue a master’s degree at Cardiff University in Data Science and Analytics
Abu Dhabi, UAE – September 13, 2020: NYU Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) Class of 2019 alumnus Touba Marrie, has been awarded the prestigious Chevening Scholarship, the UK government’s international awards program aimed at developing global leaders. Marrie will be pursuing a fully funded Master of Science (MSc) in Data Science and Analytics at Cardiff University.
Marrie, originally from Gambia, majored in Mathematics with a minor in Economics at NYUAD. During his undergraduate studies, he developed a keen interest in mathematics, finance, and data science, and how these disciplines can be used to help unlock solutions to create a better future. As part of his senior Capstone ......read more
• The Kindergarten Starters reaches 30th anniversary, The Westminster School turns 25 and The Millennium School marks 20 years
• All three schools have delivered successful track records of all-round quality education for their students and communities over the decades
United Arab Emirates, September 10, 2020: Principals, teachers and students at three GEMS Education schools in Dubai this week celebrated significant milestones in their schools’ journeys, as The Kindergarten Starters turned 30 years old, The Westminster School enjoyed its 25th anniversary and The Millennium School marked 20 years of operations.
It was an opportunity for all three schools to look back on a combined 75 years of providing the highest quality education to their communities and celebrate ......read more
- Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge approves expansion plan for Mohammed bin Rashid Center for Special Education (MRC)
- Expansion to accommodate 118 new UAE National students with Autism taking the total number to 293
- Renewed New England Center for Children (NECC) contract ensuring service continuity for five years
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates- September 5, 2020: In line with its strategy to ensure access to education opportunities for all students, Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK) has announced an expansion plan for Mohammed bin Rashid Center for Special Education (MRC).
The center expansion plan includes a five-year operational service contract renewal between ADEK and NECC. The center’s families have endorsed the renewal decision ......read more
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 2 September 2020: The new academic year is underway across the UAE, but for 18 lucky families who were shopping during Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS), the return to classes reveals another cause for celebration. This year’s edition of DSS saw the launch of the ultimate Back to School raffle – the Modesh Scholarship Promotion. Open to students of all ages and their families, the raffle saw a total of AED450,000 awarded to 18 shoppers, with each winner receiving AED25,000.
To help ease the burden of paying for academic fees as well as shopping for Back to School essentials, the Modesh Scholarship Promotion was launched for the first time this DSS, and was open to residents and visitors who spent AED250 in malls across the city including: Mercato Mall, Town Centre Jumeirah, The Outlet Village, ......read more
The ‘Investing in our Community’ initiative delivers online support to teachers, working professionals, and high school students preparing for higher education
• Held during the month of July and August, the ‘Investing in our Community’ initiative delivered 80 workshops, attended virtually by 7,200 participants
• It witnessed great interaction and vital participation receiving over 5,000 questions and 4,500 chat messages and reached a number of views through Facebook of over 55,000.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, 01 September 2020: Abu Dhabi University (ADU) has launched a series of online courses under its latest initiative entitled ‘Investing in our Community’. The initiative kicked off in July and continued throughout the month of August. ......read more
NordPass gives advice on keeping children safe online
United Arab Emirates, September 01, 2020: With the back to school season in full swing, the dangers of online hacks, scams, and cyberbullying increase.
Today, children spend more time online than ever before. Most schools now require children to have their own laptops or tablets, especially during the Covid-19 pandemic, when most schools chose remote teaching. However, few schools give clear instructions to children and parents about how to stay secure online.
NordPass has collected some tips and tricks so that parents can teach their children about internet privacy and safety.
1. Educate on the importance of passwords.
Chad Hammond, a security expert from NordPass, emphasizes the importance of teaching children good password ......read more
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, September 01, 2020: The Dubai Health Authority(DHA) highlighted back-to-school health tips and preventative precautions as children gear up for school.
Dr. Hend Al Awadhi, Head of Health Promotion and Education Section in the Dubai Health Authority's (DHA) Public Health Protection Department says, “In line with governmental guidelines, schools have adopted stringent precautionary measures to reduce the possibility of transmission of infection among students and to provide a safe and healthy educational environment. Parents also play a pivotal role in helping maintain health and safety standards. Students and parents must adopt internationally recommended safety measures at school and after school as well.”
Al Awadhi provided some tips to prepare children to go back to ......read more
United Arab Emirates, September 01, 2020: It’s good to be back! Thousands of students have begun returning to school across Abu Dhabi for the start of the new academic year 2020/2021.
All private schools in the Emirate have reopened with one of the five models outlined in the Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK) Schools Reopening Policies and have implemented precautionary measures detailed in guidelines to ensure a safe return to class.
Safety measures include: no more than 15 students in the same cluster; maintaining 1.5 meter social distancing between students throughout the day; all teachers and school staff undergoing COVID-19 testing prior to schools opening. ADEK inspectors visited all schools to ensure their adherence to the guidelines and will continue regular visits to review individual ......read more
- Class of 2020 alumna, Emma Kay Tocci, has been awarded the Global Korea Scholarship to study Korean and complete a Master’s degree in International Studies-
Abu Dhabi – August 30, 2020: NYU Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) Class of 2020 alumna Emma Kay Tocci has been awarded the Global Korea Scholarship, a fully-funded program sponsored by the South Korean Ministry of Education. Tocci will travel to Daegu city to study language and culture for one year, before continuing to complete a master’s degree in Seoul.
NYUAD’s first GKS scholar, Tocci majored in Film and New Media at NYUAD and has a particular focus on understanding how new media technologies impact cross-border and political relationships. Originally from the US, Emma’s decision to immerse herself in another nation’s cultural and ......read more
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 27 August 2020: As the school start is drawing nearer it is important to think about the nutrition of our children to support their immunity decrease the chances of acquiring infections.
Here are some pointers parents should think about when planning their children’s diets to ensure balance.
1. Choose Protein – Protein are a great source of energy. Choose seafood (if your child is not allergic), lean meats and poultry, eggs or soy based products.
2. Fruit Vitamins & Natural Sugars – Stay away from processed sugar and junk foods. Although kids may love it, it is detrimental to their health in the short and long run. Encourage your children to eat fruits, make sure to incorporate this in their daily diets, whether for breakfast ......read more
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, 26 August 2020: The Education Affairs Office (EAO) at the Crown Prince Court in Abu Dhabi today launched “Teaching in the United Arab Emirates: 10 Lessons from TALIS” – a new book that provides teachers in the UAE with practical guidance as they support the nation’s youth and prepare them for the world.
Published by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), the book builds on discussions from Qudwa 2019, a teachers’ forum organized by the Education Affairs Office of the Crown Prince Court of Abu Dhabi, where teachers, school leaders and decision-makers focused on how to build future-ready schools and develop the right global competencies among students.
Identified through analysis of UAE data from the OECD’s Teaching and Learning ......read more
United Arab Emirates, 26 August 2020: More than 10,000 students from various schools across the UAE are expected to participate in the 14th annual edition of the ‘Medical and Science Exhibition (MASE)’, the biggest inter-school medical and science exhibition in the country organized by Gulf Medical University (GMU). This will also be the first fully online edition of MASE, organized in conformity with the safety regulations in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Participation is open to students of grades 10, 11 and 12; individuals as well as teams can participate. Competitions will be held in arts, science and combination of arts and science. It includes Projects, Posters and Painting categories, with the number of entries limited to one per student, in each category. However, participants are allowed to ......read more
• The new programs will provide foundations in Robotics and Automation, Industrial Mechatronics, and Media Production
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates—25 August 2020: Abu Dhabi University (ADU) has announced three new concentrations in its College of Engineering and College of Arts and Sciences, set to launch in the upcoming semester. The new concentrations will provide a foundation in Industrial Mechatronics as part of the ABET-accredited Mechanical Engineering program, Robotics and Automation as part of its ABET-accredited Electrical Engineering program in the College of Engineering, and Media Production as part of its BA in Mass Communication in the College of Arts and Sciences.
As the 2020-2021 academic year approaches, ADU is ready to welcome its students for the first semester ......read more
Mohammed Bin Rashid University of Medicine and Health Sciences faculty lead interactive sessions on diverse education and career opportunities in medicine and health sciences and network development
Dubai, August 17, 2020: Mohammed Bin Rashid University of Medicine and Health Sciences (MBRU), has taken strides to engage healthcare professionals of the future by playing a leading role in the UAE Ministry of Education’s (MoE) Estedad program, a one-of-a-kind program that helps students transition from high school to university.
The Estedad program aims to provide high school students from both public and private schools with the essential skills in research, entrepreneurial leadership, and diplomacy; as well as soft skills and provide them with a set of academic tools that will positively impact their university ......read more
August 17, 2020: Today, after careful deliberation, the IB will be making an adjustment to awarded results for the Diploma Programme (DP) and Career-related Programme (CP) May 2020 session, where applicable, using predicted grades and coursework (IA). Given the current unprecedented circumstances, using the IAs as the basis for awarding the updated grades provides an accurate and reliable reflection of an IB student’s performance. The IA grades are based on student coursework and assessed by trained independent IB examiners.
The IB confirms that no IB student will incur an overall point score decrease from the originally issued grades as a result of these adjustments. With these adjustments, IB students will have another progression option to tertiary sectors and systems around the world where grade ......read more
Classes begin on August 17 in Amman, Jordan, in partnership with IFRC, Red Crescent Societies and Jordan Red Crescent; 5-year mission will cover 5,000 refugees
Dubai, August 13, 2020: After two years of determined efforts, in partnership with the International Federation of the Red Cross (IFRC) and the Jordan Red Crescent, UniRef (University for Refugees) is launching a pilot project to provide university education for 100 Syrian refugees in Amman, Jordan. This is part of a five-year mission that will cover 5,000 student refugees.
Yvelyne Wood, CEO and Co-founder of UniRef, says: “Despite the current pandemic, UniRef in partnership with the Jordan Red Crescent has worked relentlessly to provide professional trainings to the refugee population to give them access to the labor market and, eventually, lift themselves and ......read more
Ras Al Khaimah, 13th August 2020: Ras Al Khaimah Academy – a leader in the primary school sector in the Emirate – is set to welcome the new academic year with a set of stringent precautions to ensure students’ safety from the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The Academy is working to assure parents that their children will be attending campuses that adhere to the highest safety standards when they re-open on August 30, 2020.
Academic institutions across the UAE had been ordered to close in March 2020, as part of the COVID-19-related precautions, relying instead on remote learning, where students attended their lessons online from their homes. Schools have been given the green light to re-open but within strict guidelines including social distancing, maximum class sizes and sanitization ......read more
• Aldar Academies, part of Aldar Education, is celebrating a record year of A-level results with more than 1 in 3 students achieving A* or A across all subjects
• Almost 100 per cent pass rate has been achieved for all students, with more than 85 per cent achieving A* - C grades
• These record results have been attained thanks to Aldar Academies’ distance learning provision, which was awarded the highest possible rating across all academies by ADEK, crediting the ‘strong leadership and a unified approach to distance learning’
Abu Dhabi, 13 August 2020: Aldar Academies, part of Aldar Education, one of the UAE’s leading private education providers, is proud to announce record ......read more
Sharjah, UAE, 12 August 2020: Students from the Arab Academy for Science, Technology and Maritime Transport in Sharjah (AASTS) recently took part in a webinar organized by the Federal Transport Authority for Land and Maritime as part of UN International Youth Day celebrations. Participation in this initiative is part of AASTS’ continuous efforts to adopt new methods that connect students with the maritime sector, which is one of key sectors that support global economy and trade.
The webinar covered a wide range of topics tailored for the UAE’s next generation of mariners. The UAE’s role in training only high-caliber candidates to build the nation’s maritime capabilities was viewed as paramount. The range of state-of-the-art educational facilities was seen to be an important factor in attracting ......read more
United Arab Emirates, Dubai – 12 August 2020 – Dunecrest American School is proud to announce that Maya El-Chal, an IBDP candidate at the school, has been shortlisted for the prestigious John Locke Institute 2020 Essay competition. Ms. El-Chal competed with almost 3,000 applicants from around the world; professors from Oxford, Cambridge, Princeton, Harvard and Chicago adjudicated the competition.
The John Locke Institute is an independent educational organization that runs various residential courses, revision seminars, essay competitions and events for exceptional students in Oxford, Princeton and Washington D.C.. It aims to “inspire students to aim high and equip them with the skills they need to achieve their goals”. Revered as the grandfather of Classical Liberalism, John Locke is a 17th ......read more
Abu Dhabi, UAE, 11 August 2020: Abu Dhabi University (ADU) has announced a 20% reduction in fees for the country’s healthcare heroes, their spouses and children, in recognition and appreciation of their tireless efforts in safeguarding the health and safety of our community during the COVID-19 outbreak. The initiative seeks to lend a helping hand to healthcare workers and their families, who wish to enroll in undergraduate or postgraduate degrees. Scholarship recipients will have access to more than 50 academic programs as of the first semester of the academic year 2020-2021 at the university's campuses in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Dubai and Al Dhafra.
HE Dr. Ali Saeed Bin Harmal Al Dhaheri, Chairman of ADU’s Board of Directors, affirmed that the United Arab Emirates has set a leading example in its ......read more
Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK) implements platform for students to begin crucial first steps on higher education journey
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, August 10, 2020: With thousands of students embarking on their higher education journeys, Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK) was keen to connect high-school students across the Emirate of Abu Dhabi with leading local and international universities in the absence of physical events.
Launched in early July and spanning four weeks, the Rize Virtual University Fair has given Abu Dhabi students crucial online facetime with faculty from leading universities from the UAE, North America, Europe and Asia; provided interactive virtual tours of campus life and numerous admissions events. The virtual fair has ......read more
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, August 09, 2020: Parents and children across Dubai can finally count down to the start of the new school year with the first day of term only a few weeks away.
As the summer holidays come to an end, the citywide Back to School campaign is in full swing, brought to you by Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS); bringing joy to families with great events and unmissable promotions from some of the city’s favourite stores and attractions.
Abu Dhabi, UAE - August 9, 2020: NYU Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) Class of 2020 alumna Bana Alamad has been awarded the prestigious Bseisu-Cambridge Scholarship, offered by the Bseisu Foundation. The first woman to receive the Bseisu-Cambridge scholarship since it was established in 2005, Alamad will be pursuing a Master of Philosophy (MPhil) in Genomic Medicine, an integrated clinical and research degree at the University of Cambridge.
Hailing from Jordan, Alamad graduated from NYUAD with a major in Biology and a minor in Visual Arts and has always been passionate about integrating both fields. While at NYUAD, she pursued research into understanding genetic variation in complex traits that have clinical relevance and studied the role that genetic and environmental factors play in triggering disease and modulating health-related ......read more
- H.E. Mohamed Al Hammadi addressed students from AD University, Khalifa University, Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi, and NYU Abu Dhabi during inspirational online seminar
- H.E. Al Hammadi: “We have a responsibility to support the ambitions of those around us. It is a privilege to now be able to pass on my knowledge and experience.”
7 July 2020, Abu Dhabi, ......read more
• Top performers Aya Abu Ahmad, Dana Abu Alfailat and Jana El Khatib all scored 41 points each
• 40% of the Class of 2020 attained 36 points or higher
DUBAI, UAE; July 6, 2020: Raffles World Academy (RWA) staff and students were thrilled with the graduating Class of 2020’s performance at this year’s IB Diploma Programme. The top performing students ......read more
• GEMS students outperform international averages, achieving average pass rate of 94.5 per cent and average point score of 34
• Three students achieve a perfect score of 45, putting them in top performing 1 per cent across the world
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, July 06, 2020: GEMS Education students studying the International Baccalaureate ......read more
The MBRU – AlMahmeed Collaborative Research Award offers support worth AED 300,000 for laboratory-based projects and AED 150,000 for non-laboratory-based projects
Full-time MBRU faculty in conjunction with national or international researchers can apply for the grant, with proposals evaluated by a panel of external reviewers
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, July 06, ......read more
- Catch Communications launches training arm – Catch Academy
- Catch Academy offers training courses centred around new-age marketing in the GCC
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, July 06, 2020: Boutique lifestyle consultancy Catch Communications have launched their training arm, Catch Academy in the UAE. The Academy was ideated with one aim – ......read more
• Pilot involved 2,000 students from select GEMS schools, preparing them for careers in the fast-growing technology sector
• Initiative has now been rolled out to the entire GEMS network of schools, providing free access to a host of online courses on emerging technologies and soft skills
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, July 05, 2020: GEMS ......read more
** Guide to help cultivate the feeling of home in yourself, no matter where the world takes you **
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, July 05, 2020: Dubai based author Rachael Lynn recently launched her debut book, “At Home Anywhere. Feeling at home wherever life takes you”, which offers a unique and fulfilling guide with tips, wisdom and advice for anyone going ......read more
Ajman-UAE: July 02, 2020 – Ajman University (AU), for the 3rd year in a row, has made another one of QS Intelligence Unit’s elite list of rankings.
Every summer, the QS Intelligence Unit launches the “Top 50 Under 50”, which showcases the world’s best universities under 50 years of age.
Once again, Ajman University is on the “Next ......read more
The young heroes from the UAE are honored with the prestigious Diana Award 2020 for going above and beyond in their daily lives to create and sustain positive change with the Tajneed UAE initiative.
DUBAI – July 2, 2020: Three UAE students from schools of Dubai and Abu Dhabi have been conferred with prestigious Princess Diana Award for taking up exceptional social leadership ......read more
Outstanding achievement towards reshaping future of higher education using advanced technology
Dhahi Khalfan Tamim: “We congratulate our wise leadership on our unprecedented regional achievement & take pride in HBMSU’s leading position that supports UAE's competitiveness on global educational landscape”
Mansoor Al Awar: “With our adoption of AWS, we ......read more
• GEMS schools working with globally accredited health and safety service providers on an ongoing basis to ensure safe return of students and staff
•GEMS Education’s network of schools is meticulously preparing for the eventual return of students, parents and staff, implementing a variety of robust health and safety measures to guarantee compliance with the highest ......read more
• New strategic partnership focused on developing Emiratis and nationals from sister GCC countries into tomorrow’s teaching professionals completes its first phase
• More than 80 trainees graduated today from the inaugural Teacher Introductory Training programme, with a view to training more than 300 young graduates from the UAE during a longer-term programme
• The ......read more
- Published in Science Magazine, the paper explains how NYUAD researchers used the method of helioseismology to measure the meridional flow (the flow of plasma in the latitudinal and radial directions) in the Sun’s interior, which controls the solar cycle.
- Over the course of the 11-year solar cycle, the number of sunspots - dark patches on the surface of the Sun ......read more
Comprehensive survey from Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK) will anonymously gauge back-to-school opinions following the UAE Ministry of Education’s announcement on the potential reopening of schools for the new academic year
Survey will help ADEK ensure reopening policies support parents and children
Insights will assist individual ......read more
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 21st June 2020: Canadian University Dubai (CUD) becomes the first CEPR-certified university in the MENA region after receiving the Certification in Education for Public Relations (CEPR) from the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) for its Bachelor of Arts in Communication – Public Relations major.
The PRSA is the most esteemed governing ......read more
HBMSU takes part in virtual panel discussion held on the sidelines of Honeywell Virtual Technology Week
21 June 2020 - Dr. Mansoor Al Awar, Chancellor of Hamdan Bin Mohammed Smart University (HBMSU), discussed key best practices that promote sustainability within the education sector during his participation in a panel discussion that took place at the virtual seminar entitled ......read more
Share price range is set between SAR 15 and SAR 17
21st June 2020: Amlak International and NCB Capital (“NCBC”), Financial Advisor, Bookrunner, Underwriter and Lead Manager for Amlak international’s IPO, announced that the price range of Amlak International’s offer shares has been set between SAR 15 and SAR 17.
The book building process will start Monday ......read more
• A record 95 per cent of Class of 2020 to continue their education at university
• 40 students will head overseas to study, with 210 students remaining in the UAE
• The three schools celebrate highest final grades to date thanks to Aldar Education and ADNOC Schools’ ......read more
School recorded significant improvements in 31 areas and is among only a handful of schools that have increased their DSIB rating this year
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, June 18, 2020: GEMS Wellington Academy – Al Khail has been awarded a ‘Very Good’ rating in the latest KHDA DSIB inspections, further strengthening its credentials as a premium ......read more
Ajman-UAE: June 17, 2020 – It seems that Ajman University’s (AU) journey to the top will never come to a stop, while the ‘make it happen’ spirit is thriving in every nook and corner, whether on or off-campus.
Despite the global challenges associated with Covid-19, the Accounting Program in the College of Business Administration (CBA) has received the CIMA ......read more
• Serco opens doors to recent graduates as it launches its inaugural Programme, with a comprehensive training schedule planned for successful candidates
• Serco’s Graduate Programme will onboard the brightest talent as it looks to cement its commitment to building the nationalised local workforce of the future
16th June 2020, Dubai, United ......read more
United Arab Emirates, Dubai, June 15, 2020: The DHA has now opened the registration for Emirati high school graduates who are seeking scholarships in the fields of medicine and science from June 14 – 28.
The Health and Science scholarship programme, provides outstanding Emirati high school graduates with a scholarship opportunity, to encourage Emiratis to enter the ......read more
• 90 students from the cohort were accepted by 20 of the world’s Top 50 universities
• 88% students get admission into university of first choice
Dubai, UAE, 15th June 2020: Dubai International Academy, Emirates Hills, celebrated its first-ever online virtual graduation ceremony on Friday, June 12. The cohort of 140 students is the school’s ......read more
An outstanding achievement by NYUAD athletes who broke the record for the most chest to ground burpees
Abu Dhabi – June 11, 2020: A group of six athletes from NYU Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) broke the Guinness World Records title for the most chest to ground burpees in 24 hours. While the minimum number of burpees required to break the record was 6,000, the team managed to perform ......read more
• ADU’s Academic Reputation records a 15% increase
Abu Dhabi—10 June 2020: For the third year in a row, Abu Dhabi University (ADU) has been ranked among the top 750 universities in the world, according to the prestigious 2021 QS World University Rankings. ADU recorded an increase of 15% in Academic Reputation, the world rankings indicator with the highest ......read more
Ajman-UAE: June 10, 2020 – Released today, QS World University Rankings (QSWUR) 2021 edition lists Ajman University among the top 750 institutions globally by ranking it in the 701-750 band – thereby propelling the institution into the top 2.5% of universities worldwide. This is the sixteenth edition produced by the world-respected UK-based higher education intelligence and media ......read more
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, June 10, 2020: The International Baccalaureate (IB) is celebrating the 50th IB World School to be authorized in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Dubai International Academy - Al Barsha, which offers the IB’s Diploma Programme (DP). Over the last decade, the IB has gained significant momentum in the UAE, with triple the number of schools now offering ......read more
Dubai, UAE, June 09, 2020 – The Institute of Certified Management Accountants (ICMA®), the certification division of IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants), announced today the pass rates for the first testing window (January-February 2020) of the revised CMA® (Certified Management Accountant) exam content specification outline, as well as a change in the English language ......read more
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, June 09, 2020: The World Photography Organisation is delighted to announce the overall winners in the prestigious Sony World Photography Awards 2020. The Photographer of the Year title and accompanying $25,000 prize is awarded to Pablo Albarenga (Uruguay) for his series Seeds of Resistance. Also announced are the ten category winners of the Professional ......read more
● A pulsar is a dense remnant of an old star.
● An accretion disk is a structure formed by gravitationally attracting material in an orbital motion around a massive central body, which is typically a star - or, in this case, a pulsar. Friction causes orbiting material in the disk to spiral inward towards the star.
Abu Dhabi ......read more
- The scholarship promotes dialogue between China and the rest of the globe
- The two recipients, Class of 2018 graduate Marie Claude Hykpo and Class of 2020 graduate Juan Diego Serrano Ortega, will study in Beijing as a part of a one year master’s program
Abu Dhabi – June 8, 2020: Two NYU Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) alumni have been awarded the prestigious ......read more
• Since GMU’s inception 22 years ago, its 2000-strong alumni comprising 85 nationalities have been making significant contributions to the healthcare sector in the UAE and beyond
• The University boasts academic and research tie-ups with over 60 international universities and research institutions
June 8th, 2020, Ajman, UAE: Working on the ......read more
The ceremony allowed graduates to participate with extremely limited social interaction
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, June 07, 2020: On Saturday 6th of June 2020, RAK Academy’s annual graduation ceremony was held, this year in a completely different and innovative way, due to the virus outbreak. With everyone’s health and safety in mind, a drive-in ceremony ......read more
Dubai, United Arab Emirates – June 06 2020: Oliver Wyman, a global leader in management consulting, says schools in the Middle East will need to implement a carefully planned and strategically phased approach to opening up following the deep impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) on the region.
The opening strategies, according to Oliver Wyman, must include a pre-opening, opening and ......read more
Under the patronage of His Excellency Sheikh Nahayan Mabarak Al Nahayan, Minister of Tolerance
The Class of 2020 Students Illuminate The World’s Tallest Building
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 6th June 2020: Canadian University Dubai made history last night as it became the first university in the world to display images of its graduating class on the world’s tallest ......read more
• GEMS Our Own English High School Sharjah – Girls tops ‘Outstanding Schools’ category for providing an enriching environment for students to achieve excellence
• GEMS Our Own English High School Sharjah – Boys placed second in ‘Outstanding Schools’ category and sees one of its students named ‘Most Distinguished and Excellent ......read more
• Launched as part of the ‘Rize Enrichment Programs’, the program aims to equip high school students ahead of their journey towards higher education
• Following its inauguration in February of this year, the program is now delivered virtually in keeping with social distancing measures to limit the spread of COVID-19
Abu Dhabi, UAE, 30, May 2020: In a ......read more
• Awards mark culmination of annual Global Innovation Challenge, which sees thousands of students develop solutions to world’s biggest problems
• Winners selected from a shortlist of 150 young innovators, who pitched their ideas and inventions to a panel of industry leaders, experts and investors
• Participants took part in a first-of-its-kind virtual bootcamp, gaining ......read more
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, May 20, 2020: As a result of the current situation, families are facing extended periods of social distancing. To help families enjoy their time together, Abu Dhabi Early Childhood Authority offers parents guidance on how to help their children thrive at remote schooling and tips on how to engage children effectively.
There is a huge ......read more
The winning submission, Haweia – an Arabic term meaning identity – will officially be unveiled at NYU Abu Dhabi, and will then tour to other UAE locations in November 2020
Abu Dhabi, UAE – May 20, 2020: Under the patronage of Her Highness Sheikha Shamsa bint Hamdan Al Nahyan, NYU Abu Dhabi (NYUAD), in partnership with Abu Dhabi Music & Arts Foundation (ADMAF), has ......read more
• Sheikha Fatima Bint Mubarak Award for Excellence, under the patronage of His Excellency Sheikh Nahyan Mubarak Al Nahyan, is presented to female students at GEMS Education schools in the UAE
• The award includes a scholarship covering a year’s tuition fee at their respective school
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, May 18, 2020: GEMS Education ......read more
• ADU’s successful face shield prototype will be sent to hospitals in Abu Dhabi
• The University also developed 1000 clips, a part of the face masks, for hospitals
• The face shield was created using equipment available at ADU at the hands of the University’s experts
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates—17 May 2020: Abu Dhabi ......read more
Abu Dhabi, UAE, 12 May 2020: In a bid to ensure no student is left behind, the Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK) has partnered with Yahsat to provide free satellite broadband services for distance learning students residing in the Al Dhafra Region. With ADEK’s support, Yahsat, the leading satellite operator in the UAE, will offer its services free of charge to ......read more
Smart university discusses leading experiences during webinar session led by Electronic Ramadan Quality Council
May 10, 2020- Dr. Mansoor Al Awar, Chancellor, Hamdan Bin Mohammed Smart University (HBMSU), has highlighted the need for continuous efforts to tap innovation, quality and excellence as the key foundations to re-engineer the future of higher education and create a new generation of ......read more
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, May 07, 2020: Deloitte’s D-180 program has just launched in the Middle East. D-180 is a digital mentoring program integral to Deloitte’s community response efforts to COVID-19. The program targets university graduates in their first few years in the workforce as well as high school and college students across the Middle East ......read more
Dubai, United Arab Emirates; May 06, 2020: The Abdulla Al Ghurair Foundation for Education (AGFE) and Malia Group have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to support the preparation of AGFE scholars for employment transition.
Dr. Sonia Ben Jaafar, CEO of Abdulla Al Ghurair Foundation for Education, and Mr. Roger Farhat, Talent Acquisition & Succession Planning Manager at ......read more
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, May 05, 2020: The University of Balamand Dubai (UOBD), a wholly owned subsidiary of Dubai Investments PJSC, the leading diversified investments company listed on the Dubai Financial Market (DFM), announced on-time successful completion of the spring semester, end of April 2020, as a result of deploying effective and efficient distance learning resources, ......read more
Abu Dhabi – May 5, 2020: The NYU Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) Institute has launched an online Nobel Laureate Lecture Series, featuring six past lectures given by Nobel Laureates at The Institute. The series, available on The Institute’s YouTube channel, aims to connect audiences with leading thinkers and speakers from the comfort of their homes.
As members of the ......read more
Organised by the Department of Culture and Tourism – Abu Dhabi, the British writer conducted weird and wonderful experiments from his laboratory to boost children’s interest in science
Abu Dhabi, UAE, 04 May, 2020: With the postponement of the 30th edition of the Abu Dhabi International Book Fair (ADIBF) until next year, a number of authors and artists ......read more
Sheikha Fekri’s design celebrates the beauty of ‘ghutra’, the traditional head scarf worn by Arab men
Dubai, May 3, 2020: Parking meters in certain areas of Dubai have started sporting an arty look, following a unique initiative launched by Brand Dubai and the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA).
One of the artists whose works were selected to be featured on the ......read more