United Arab Emirates,December 27th 2016: Business France, the national agency supporting the international development of the French economy, is once again running a French pavilion at the World Future Energy Summit and International Water Summit in Abu Dhabi from January 16 to 19, 2017, in partnership with Club ADEME International.
The agency’s renewed attendance at WFES & IWS will give visitors an opportunity to evaluate France’s globally recognized expertise in the energy field.
France ranks more than respectably in Europe in the areas of renewable energy and energy efficiency:
- Europe’s number three producer of renewable energy. In 2015, France produced 91 TWh of electrical power from renewable sources. The country has 353,000 renewable electricity production facilities. The French renewable energy sector generates revenue of €11.32 billion.
- Number one producer of water treatment equipment, and one of the top five global exporters of air treatment equipment.
- Offering the second-largest wind power potential in Europe, France is Europe’s number four producer of wind energy.
- European number four in solar thermal energy.
- Europe’s number two producer of hydroelectric power, after Norway.
- France has 11 million square kilometers of sea, representing among the largest potential sources of energy in the world.
- Europe’s number two producer of fuelwood.
The Gulf States aim to include 7% renewable energy in their energy mix (equating to 1,500 MW) by 2020. Their energy consumption requirement is set to double between now and 2020. The United Arab Emirates are investing massively in renewable energy, water and the environment. Masdar City, the world’s first eco-city (with US$22 billion invested), should be home to 50,000 inhabitants and 1,500 businesses by 2020.
The many projects underway in the Gulf States are attracting high-performing French firms in the renewable energy, water and waste sectors. Attending WFES & IWS gives these firms an opportunity to promote their offerings in the Middle East, expand their portfolio of contacts and consolidate their local presence.
Come and meet them in the International Pavilions hall, SolarExpo hall and International Water Summit hall.