Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 14 March 2017: For the third year in a row, VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW) is one of the 2017 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For, according to global research and consulting firm Great Place to Work and Fortune.
The list, which is based on employee ratings of their workplace culture, including the level of trust they feel towards leaders, the pride they take in their jobs and the camaraderie they experience with co-workers.
Within the list, VMware was highlighted:
- No. 9 of companies located in the San Francisco Bay Area
- No. 9 of information technology companies
The field of potential competitors for the list is large. Any company that is at least five years old with more than 1,000 U.S. employees is eligible.
Judges base their selections on two components: an evaluation of each company’s policies and culture, and a confidential opinion survey of randomly selected employees. Two-thirds of the total score comes from the employee survey, which is made up of questions posed by the Great Place to Work Institute in San Francisco. It includes more than 50 questions and is designed to measure the frequency with which employees experience trust, pride, and camaraderie in the workplace, and was conducted last summer.
In the past year, VMware also ranked as a best workplace in Technology (No. 11, large business category) for Giving Back (No. 14) and for Parents (No. 4), by Great Place to Work and Fortune.
- VMware is currently hiring, with over 1,800 open positions around the world and approximately 475 positions in the San Francisco Bay Area. More information can be found at the VMware Careers Site.
- Read a blog post on our recognition on the 2017 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list
- Connect with VMware on Twitter and Facebook
- Connect with VMware Careers on Twitter and Facebook