Abu Dhabi-UAE: 7 March, 2018 – His Highness Lt General Sheikh Saif bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior of the UAE, today inaugurated the eighth edition of the International Exhibition for National Security and Resilience (ISNR Abu Dhabi 2018) that is held under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Hazza bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Vice Chairman of the Abu Dhabi Executive Council at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre.
The mega event will run until 8 March under the theme ‘Because Homeland Security is Everyone’s Concern’.
Reinforcing the UAE’s keenness in enhancing its reputation as a leading incubator for innovation through offering outstanding services to the society, His Highness Lt General Sheikh Saif bin Zayed Al Nahyan noted that the UAE has become a top global destination for specialised events owing to the sustained support of its visionary leadership. He pointed out that country is working relentlessly to strengthen its global reputation as an incubator for innovations and benefit communities in various fields.
The Deputy Prime Minister expressed his confidence that ISNR Abu Dhabi 2018 will achieve its objectives of enhancing international collaboration and galvanise efforts to serve communities in a fast-paced world where smart technologies and technological innovations are shaping the future. His Highness wished all guests an enjoyable stay in the UAE – their second home – that he called “the land of peace, love, and safety”.
At the official opening ceremony, His Highness Lt General Sheikh Saif bin Zayed Al Nahyan witnessed the live demonstration titled ‘The Brave’ that generated high interest at ISNR Abu Dhabi 2018. The Deputy Prime Minister also initiated the UAE Firefighter Challenge 2018.
His Highness also toured the exhibition venue and viewed the latest innovations in homeland security, safety and national resilience showcased at the event.
During the tour, he interacted with the representatives of several exhibiting entities, and discussed their products and services that leverage state-of-the-art technologies in emergency response, first aid, and search and rescue, among others.
The opening ceremony was also attended by His Excellency Mohammed bin Ahmad Al Bawardi, Minister of State for Defence Affairs, as well as number of senior government officials, heads of delegations and senior management of exhibiting companies.
The ceremony also drew the participation of Lt General Saif Abdullah Al Shafar, Under-Secretary of the Ministry of Interior, Lt General Dhahi Khalfan Tamim, Deputy Chief of Dubai Police and Public Security, Major General Mohammed Khalfan Al Romaithi, Commander-in-Chief of Abu Dhabi Police, Major General Khalifa Hareb Al Khaili, Chairman of the Institutional Development Board of the Ministry of Interior, Major General Salim Ali Mubarak Al Shamsi, Assistant Under-Secretary of the Ministry of Interior and Acting Assistant for Resources and Support Services, Major General Dr Ahmed Nasser Al Raisi, Inspector-General of the Ministry of Interior Chairman of the Higher Organising Committee of ISNR Abu Dhabi 2018, Major General Mohammed bin Al Awadhi Al Menhali, Member of the Deputy Prime Minister Advisory Office at the Minister of Interior, Major General Abdulaziz Maktoum Al Sharifi, Director General of Preventive Security at the Ministry of Interior, as well as several senior UAE police officers, various high-level officers from the Ministry of Interior, and a large number of international exhibitors and guests.
Co-organised by the UAE Ministry of Interior and Reed Exhibitions, ISNR Abu Dhabi 2018 features two co-located specialised industry events including Infosecurity Middle East – the regional edition of Infosecurity Europe, and Major Events Safety & Security Summit (ME3S).
Major General Dr Ahmed Nasser Al Raisi said: “ISNR Abu Dhabi 2018 reflects the efforts of our wise leadership to ensure peace in the UAE as well as the safety of its citizens and residents through safeguarding our national assets and sovereignty. We are proud of the preeminent status the show has achieved. Within the short time span since its inception, it has become one of the most anticipated events in the national safety and security sector.”
Al Raisi also commended the tireless efforts of the organisers of ISNR Abu Dhabi 2018 in ensuring the success of the landmark exhibition in a manner befitting the reputation of the UAE. In this context, he emphasised the strategic importance of the national safety and security sector due to its crucial role in preserving stability and enabling the progress of any nation.
Brigadier Dr Jassem Mansour Al Mansouri, Chairman of the Secretariat Committee of ISNR Abu Dhabi, said: “ISNR Abu Dhabi 2018 underscores the growing significance of national safety and emergency response technologies in confirming the readiness of public safety agencies in dealing with emergencies and combating crime efficiently. Through showcasing cutting-edge advancements in these domains, the event provides an ideal platform for industry specialists to share expertise and best practices, and keep up to date with the latest technological trends, enabling them to proactively mitigate potential security threats and guarantee optimal response in emergency situations.”
Moreover he noted that ISNR Abu Dhabi 2018 has drawn the participation of more than 600 exhibitors from 55 countries, over 200 government buyers and delegates, and 25,000 local and international attendees, representing leading national, regional and global specialised companies.
For his part, Ara Fernezian, Group Managing Director for the Middle East at Reed Exhibitions explained that ISNR Abu Dhabi 2018 spans the entire scope of homeland security sectors, such as digital crime management and forensics, artificial intelligence, critical infrastructure protection, border control, future of policing, counterterrorism, and disaster management. The exhibition also covers digital transformation security solutions, cyber security, as well as security at major events and crowded places.
He added that this year’s highlights include the Future of Policing Forum, the Critical Infrastructure Protection Forum, the Infosecurity Exchange Forum, the Major Events Safety & Security Forum, the CyberX roundtable and the Digital Forensics pavilion. The events are drawing the participation of hundreds of exhibitors as well as key security, safety and emergency experts from the governmental, semi-governmental and private sectors.
The following is a brief synopsis of The Brave: a live demonstration inspired by 'positive citizenship”:
The opening ceremony included the live demonstration of ‘The Brave’ developed by the organising committee of ISNR Abu Dhabi 2018 under the directive of His Highness Lt Sheikh Saif bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior. The demonstration reinforces the role of ‘positive citizenship’ in ensuring the safety and security of a nation.
The demonstration also articulates the overarching vision of the UAE leadership to promote the country’s developmental role and highlights its efforts to provide foreign aid and help the oppressed and needy in the world’s most conflicted areas. Beyond emphasising positive citizenship, the demonstration underlines the efforts and real actions on ground in equipping communities with knowledge and hope to combat weapons of destruction and ignorance.
The live demonstration features the plot of a city that comes under attack from terrorist militias driven by hatred and racism, who destroy the city's tranquillity and peace. To spread hope, love and loyalty, the Red Crescent convoy and the UAE Civil Defense vehicles and ambulances enter the city with a vision to restore - showing the stark contrast between those who demolish and those who bring smiles and happiness to the community.
Key highlights on day one of ISNR Abu Dhabi 2018:
- His Highness Lt Gen Sheikh Saif bin Zayed Honours Winners of Innovation Award
- His Highness Lt General Sheikh Saif bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior, honoured the winners of the Students Innovation
- Award that was conducted as part of ISNR Abu Dhabi 2018 under the theme 'Your Innovation is Our Safety'. The award recongises innovative ideas that span multiple aspects of security and policing.
- Aimed at promoting the culture of innovation and creating a competitive and enabling environment for students, the award encourages gifted and creative minds to unleash their creativity and direct their energies towards serving the future needs of the nation. The award drew the participation of as many as 275 students from various universities and schools across the country.
University Category Winners:
- First place: Higher Colleges of Technology - Madinat Zayed Women's Campus for its civil defence innovation - Smart Evacuation System.
- Second place: Higher Colleges of Technology - Ras Al Khaimah Women's Campus for its civil defence innovation - Long Range Wireless Rescue System.
- Third place: Higher Colleges of Technology - Abu Dhabi Women's Campus for its traffic innovation - Smart Board to Enhance Pedestrian Crossing Safety.
School Category Winners:
- Mozah Khalfan Al Ali in the category of the ‘Youngest Inventor’ for her idea My Bus Does Not Forget Me.
- First place: Al Rafaa Secondary School for its civil defence innovation - Emergency Robot.
- Second place: Applied Technologies High School (Grade Three), for its civil defence innovation - Smart Kids’ Chair.
- Third place: Bahithat Albadiya Secondary School for its civil defence innovation - Child Suffocation Rescuer.
Deputy Prime Minister Honours UAE Ambassadors to Australia and Italy
- His Highness Lt General Sheikh Saif bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior, honoured His Excellency Dr Obaid Al Ketbi, UAE Ambassador to Australia, for his outstanding contribution to the success of the previous editions of ISNR Abu Dhabi.
- His Highness also honoured His Excellency Saqr Nasser Al Raisi, UAE Ambassador to Italy, for his outstanding role in promoting ISNR Abu Dhabi in Italy, which has had a great impact on the continued success of the exhibition.