The mid-size crossover takes the path less travelled, thanks to a blend of professional-grade capability and premium appointments
Dubai, UAE, September 27, 2018: The GMC Acadia All-Terrain mid-size crossover is aimed at helping adventurous and thrill-seeking drivers stray from the beaten path while remaining confident and connected. This family-friendly SUV provides premium amenities and professional-grade capability that can deliver both on-road and off-road experiences.
Available with five-, six- and seven-passenger seating configurations on both the SLE and SLT models, the 2019 Acadia All-Terrain is designed to offer great versatility, more refinement and advanced safety technologies, while featuring an efficient powertrain, a lightweight body structure and enhanced off-road capability.
From delivering functionality and flexibility to accommodating space melded with style, safety, and technology, the 2019 GMC Acadia All Terrain on a solid track record of GMC Professional Grade engineering focused on delivering performance and handling dynamics that help keep the driver confidently in control on all terrains.
Sajed Sbeih, Head of Brand, GMC Middle East, said, “Customers in the Middle East often prefer to choose a multi-purpose versatile vehicle with a powerful engine, spacious cabin, safety features and diverse driving mode. With plenty of diverse terrains, mountains and long highways making up a majority of this region, drivers need to be able to rely on a vehicle which has a lot of traction speed as well as being able to smoothly switch between on and off-roading. The GMC Acadia All Terrain has the Professional Grade engineering focused on delivering performance and handling dynamics that help keep the driver confidently in control.”
Acadia All-Terrain is prepared for all weather and road conditions. With a quick turn of the Traction Select dial, the Acadia can hone a variety of its systems – e.g. traction control, throttle mapping, shift points, and so on – for an optimal drive experience. Settings on the Traction Select knob dial include:
- Two-Wheel Drive: Shifts Acadia All-Terrain’s standard all-wheel-drive system into two-wheel drive for optimizing efficiency during normal conditions.
- All-Wheel Drive – Allows Acadia All-Terrain’s all-wheel-drive system to send power to rear wheels when slippage is detected in order to maximize traction. This mode is designed for use in normal driving situations on paved roads that are covered with water, snow, or ice.
- Off-Road – Optimizes traction in off-road conditions (gravel, sand, mud) at speeds under 50 mph, and will also engage all-wheel drive.
- Sport – Gives the vehicle a sportier handling feel and ride, as well as improved acceleration response.
- Trailer/Tow– Changes shift points and engages all-wheel-drive (if equipped) to improve traction and acceleration when trailering.
The GMC Acadia All-Terrain has a towing capacity of up to 2 tons, enabling it to carry a small camping trailer or a boat along for the getaway. “Sports related activities such as boating are very popular in this part of the world, and vehicles need to be able to safely tow the cargo. With the Acadia All-Terrain, driver can constantly monitor their cargo using the Active Tow camera located in the rear end of the vehicle”, Sbeih added.
Acadia’s available Active Tow feature can help drivers easily line up a trailer hitch, or it can provide a quick view of the hitch while in motion in order to double-check connections. The feature could be accessed through a simple step-by-step guide:
- Step 1: Put the vehicle in REVERSE for Active Tow mode to appear in the Rear Vision Camera screen.
- Step 2: Choose between using a centre line when trailering or using the normal rear guidelines.
- Step 3: For a momentary view of the area behind the vehicle when Active Tow/Rear Vision Camera is not being displayed, choose the Camera icon on the infotainment home screen.
FLEXIBLE CARGO HOLD
When thinking about carrying a lot of equipment for a trip, the Acadia allows easy storage with a flexible cargo area and an array of available accessories designed to secure any belongings while on the go.