New extension of Qualys’ Cloud Security Assessment (CSA) helps organizations leveraging Microsoft Azure to build security into DevOps initiatives
Dubai, UAE, September 27, 2018: Qualys, Inc. (NASDAQ: QLYS), a pioneer and leading provider of cloud-based security and compliance solutions, today announced it is providing customers with monitoring and assessment for the CIS (Center for Internet Security, Inc.) Microsoft Azure Foundations Benchmark within its Cloud Security Assessment (CSA) Cloud App. This new automated compliance monitoring and assessment helps security and DevOps teams continuously identify threats caused by misconfigurations, unwarranted access, and non-standard deployments, and provide remediation steps to help manage risks sooner.
The CIS Microsoft Azure Foundations Benchmark provides prescriptive guidance for establishing a secure baseline configuration for assets in Microsoft Azure, and Cloud Security Assessment automates real-time security monitoring against this industry standard, allowing teams to establish and maintain a healthy continuous security posture across their Azure cloud investments.
“By automating assessment of CIS Foundations Benchmark for Microsoft Azure, Cloud Security Assessment gives organizations the ability to scale compliance and manage risk across their Azure deployment,” said Philippe Courtot, chairman and CEO, Qualys, Inc.
Qualys Cloud Security Assessment for the CIS Microsoft Azure Foundations Benchmark
“The CIS Microsoft Azure Foundations Benchmark provides prescriptive guidance to help establish the foundation level of security for anyone adopting Microsoft Azure Cloud,” said Brig. Gen. USAF (Retired) Steve Spano, CIS President and COO. “Qualys’ support of this CIS Benchmark helps companies automate and scale security across Microsoft Azure.”
The elastic nature of the cloud makes it difficult to track and prioritize threats. With its unified security solution, Qualys provides a 360-degree view of cloud assets’ security posture, which includes cloud host vulnerabilities, compliance requirements and threat intelligence insights, so users can contextually prioritize remediation.
Cloud Security Assessment Cloud App offers:
- Continuous Security Monitoring: This hardening benchmark for Azure complements an earlier available benchmark for AWS supported by Qualys. Cloud Security Assessment also automates evaluation of regulatory mandates like PCI-DSS, HIPAA, NIST and ISO 27001. Users can check for compliance against the mandates and generate reports to submit to their auditors.
- Insight and Threat Prioritization: Complete cloud resource inventory information in CloudView powers simple yet powerful search queries across an asset’s configuration and complex associations to quickly identify the root cause of an incident. To track and understand trends in fast-changing elastic clouds, CloudView provides both a real time and a historical view of the inventory.
- Automated Security Throughout the DevOps Pipeline: Qualys Cloud Security Assessment supports REST APIs, providing DevSecOps teams with an up-to-date assessment of potential risks and exposure. The solution can be integrated with Governance, Risk and Compliance, Security Information and Event Management, and ticketing service providers to help InfoSec teams automate processing of threats and remediation.
- Follow Qualys on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Learn more about Qualys Integrations for Azure
- Read more about the Qualys Cloud Platform
About Qualys Cloud Platform
As a revolutionary cloud-based architecture, the Qualys Cloud Platform offers customers a unified view of IT, security and compliance across on-premises assets, endpoints, clouds, containers and web applications, drastically reducing the cost and complexity of managing multiple security vendors.
The Qualys Cloud Platform currently delivers 18 fully integrated centrally managed and self-updating best of breed security and compliance solutions. By automatically gathering and analyzing security and compliance data from IT assets anywhere in one single-pane view, the Qualys Cloud Platform gives customers the scalability, visibility, accuracy and breadth of capabilities to fight cyber attacks and build security into their digital transformation initiatives.
Qualys, Inc. (NASDAQ: QLYS) is a pioneer and leading provider of cloud-based security and compliance solutions with over 10,300 customers in more than 130 countries, including a majority of each of the Forbes Global 100 and Fortune 100. Qualys helps organizations streamline and consolidate their security and compliance solutions in a single platform and build security into digital transformation initiatives for greater agility, better business outcomes and substantial cost savings. The Qualys Cloud Platform and its integrated Cloud Apps deliver businesses critical security intelligence continuously, enabling them to automate the full spectrum of auditing, compliance and protection for IT systems and web applications on premises, on endpoints and elastic clouds. Founded in 1999 as one of the first SaaS security companies, Qualys has established strategic partnerships with leading managed service providers and consulting organizations including Accenture, BT, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Deutsche Telekom, DXC Technologies, Fujitsu, HCL Technologies, IBM, Infosys, NTT, Optiv, SecureWorks, Tata Communications, Verizon and Wipro. The company is also a founding member of the Cloud Security Alliance. For more information, please visit http://www.qualys.com.
Qualys and the Qualys logo are proprietary trademarks of Qualys, Inc. All other products or names may be trademarks of their respective companies.