Dubai, UAE, October 16, 2018: Sunglasses addicts, you will be pleased to know we have rounded up the top four key trends for the new season. From affordable to luxury, we have narrowed down the search to select styles should you want to feed your shade obsession. We know finding the perfect sunglasses can be difficult, but the list below will steer you in the right direction.
This trend is inspired by today's strong, fearless and powerful woman who pushes boundaries and embodies grace and toughness in equal measure. The empowered woman challenges established stereotypes, stands up for what she believes in, and demands the products that her modern lifestyle requires, i.e. masculine shapes like navigators, pilots and soft squares meet more traditionally feminine and unisex materials, intertwining strength and femininity to create a force to be reckoned with.
- Warm feminine colours
- Bold military greens and browns, black and blues
- Vibrant golden tones in frames, lenses and embellishment
- Frames accented with strong hardware like strass and studs
- Strong shapes
Innovation First: Hyper Human
A forward-looking shift to an industrial futurism where man exists in a technologically advanced super-human state. This trend is inspired by technology as a powerful tool to enhance and transform our lives
- Wide frames and masks are the strongest shapes for this consumer alongside wrap-arounds, maximalist shapes and combined materialsTextures make a comeback with intricate patterns and high-relief etchings
- Blacks and dark blues accented by bright colours
- Mix of iridescent tones executed in acetate
- Chrome and finished metals with laser-etched logos
A return to the essentials offers functionality, comfort and minimalist, clean lines that appeal to the consumer who craves simplicity. This trend is inspired by purposeful design and purity of line are executed in metal frames in a wide variety of looks, from geometric silhouettes to modern interpretations of classic, easy-to-wear shapes —as well as light rimless styles —while combined materials offer a subtle twist
- Design embraces tactility and sustainability, with simple embellishments on the temples or functional technical details
- Essential and relaxing tones
- All the shades of grey and blue, with accents in warm glossy tones
- Galvanized treatments that enhance geometric patterns
Functionality: Extreme Traveller
This trend investigates the sophisticated urban traveller, for whom sustainability is key, is obsessed with durability and high quality and is looking for products that tell a story.
- Warm shades, recalling earth tones and the grays of mountains and stone
- Touches of green, dark grey, and pastel tones
- Ethnic-inspired patterns and comfortable materials
Sunglasses are available across various stores in the Middle East including Yateem Optician (+Occhiali), Al Shaya (Vision Express + Solaris), Kefan Optics, Hassan’s, Rivoli Group, Dar Optics, Optica, Al Jaber, Al Jamil and Int.Optique