Discover how to find balance, live life with vitality and receive support when you need it with a range of paid and free to attend events at LightHouse Arabia this coming November
Dubai, UAE, October 25, 2018: The LightHouse Arabia, a community mental health and wellness center on Al Wasl Road, offers a monthly schedule of events and workshops to address the mental health needs of adults and young people in the community, including workshops & seminar training and free- to-attend support groups.
This November, The LightHouse Arabia are offering a wide variety of events. A small selection are as follows:
Relationship Revival Seminar Series
Wednesday, November 21st, 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM - Adults (18+ years)
- Topic: Constructive Communication in Couples
- This seminar will help you understand the 4 core aspects of communication that can either predict marital success or marital troubles (or end). We will discuss the complexities of conflict and miscommunication and how they can be handled masterfully.
FEES: AED 75. Pre-booking required.
Mommy Mondays: Fussy Eaters
Monday, November 26th, 9am – 10.30am - Adults (18+ years), Suitable for parents with children from infant to five years old.
- Many parents have to face the stress of fussy or picky eating. Join us to explore the phenomenon of fussy eating and learn how to overcome these difficulties by working with your child and not against them.
FEES: AED 75. Pre-booking required.
Adolescent Mental First Aid (MHFA) Training
Thursday, Nov. 8th and Friday, November 9th (14 hours total) - Adults (18+ years)
- Mental Health First Aid Training is the equivalent of physical first aid training but for mental health. This course is recognised in more than 22 countries and is offered in the UAE exclusively through LightHouse Arabia. In this 14-hour course, adults will learn to confidently and competently approach adolescents who may be struggling with a mental health problem, listen and communicate non-judgmentally, give effective support and encourage the adolescent to get appropriate professional help.
FEES: AED 1,550 + (VAT 5%). Pre-booking required.
Adult Mental First Aid (MHFA) Training
Thursday, Nov. 22nd and Friday, November 23rd(12 hours total) - Adults (18+ years)
- Mental Health First Aid Training is the equivalent of physical first aid training but for mental health. This evidence-based course is recognised in more than 22 countries and is offered in the UAE exclusively through LightHouse Arabia. This 12-hour course is highly relevant for anyone working in a high-stress environment, or for those responsible for supporting others who may be facing mental health difficulties.
FEES: AED 1,550 + (VAT 5%) / AED 1,800 + (VAT 5%) per person if collecting CEUs from DHA. Pre-booking required.
Evening of Remembrance (Raymee Grief Center – Special Event)
Monday, November 19th, 7 PM – 8.30 PM – All ages welcome
- For anyone grieving the death of a loved one, our doors and hearts are open to you – regardless of when that loss occurred. Please join us for an Evening of Remembrance and an opportunity to stand in solidarity with individuals who are grieving.
- FEES: Free to attend. Pre-booking required.
The LightHouse Arabia was founded in 2011 by clinical psychologists Dr. Saliha Afridi and Dr. Tara Wyne, whose shared mission and vision is to make the region happier and healthier. With an international team of over 20 licensed psychologists and psychiatrists,
The LightHouse is a community mental health and wellness center providing quality care to children, adults, couples and families. The LightHouse also work with corporations, schools, hospitals and other institutions to promote mental wellness through education and training programs. The center is also home to the Raymee Grief Center, a free-of-charge grief support service – the first of its kind in the region.