- Most affordable Kindle now includes a built-in adjustable front light so you can read comfortably in even more places, day or night
- Refreshed design that’s thin and light so the all-new Kindle is easy to hold for hours of reading
Dubai, UAE, April 10, 2019: Today SOUQ.com announced the start of sales of the all-new Kindle, the first Kindle with a front light for under 400 AED. Now you can adjust the display brightness to read comfortably in even more places—whether indoors at night or outside in the sun. The all-new Kindle also includes an updated design, the latest electronic ink technology for better contrast. The all-new Kindle comes in black or white for just 359 AED and is available today at https://uae.souq.com/ae-en/ae-kindle/c/.
“Customers consistently tell us how much they appreciate having a front light on Kindle devices so they can read in any environment—from a sunny patio to their bed at night,” said Kevin Keith, Vice President, Amazon Devices. “The team worked hard to bring this customer-favorite feature to our most affordable device, and we’re excited to introduce the all-new Kindle—the first Kindle under 400 AED with a built-in adjustable front light.”
All-New Kindle – Now with a Front Light
Like all Kindle devices, the all-new Kindle provides a sanctuary reading experience with no distractions and includes a glare-free display with laser-quality text that’s easy to read. The new adjustable front light makes it even more comfortable to read in a variety of places while still delivering weeks of battery life. The all-new Kindle also includes updated electronic ink technology for better contrast and now uses capacitive touch to prevent accidental swipes on the six-inch, 167 ppi display.
The refreshed design delivers all these great features while keeping the device thin and light, so it’s easy to hold in one hand for long reading sessions. And the all-new Kindle comes with features customers love—storage to hold thousands of books so you can take your library with you, a battery life that lasts weeks not hours, and a durable design that makes it easy to bring with you on the go.
New Reading Features that Go Beyond a Book
The all-new Kindle helps you go beyond a book with Amazon’s newest reading features. Now, when you finish a book, it will automatically be marked as read in your library and synced across your reading devices including Kindle, Fire tablet, and the free Kindle apps for iOS and Android. With just a few taps, you can filter to see which books you’ve read and which you haven’t, so organizing your library has never been easier.
Additionally, last year, we introduced a new home experience making it easier to find your next great read. We’re continuing to add to the experience and now you will find more recommendations based on your reading history, including new and trending titles in the Kindle Store.
These features will be delivered as a free, over-the-air update to the all-new Kindle, Kindle Paperwhite Gen 6 (released in 2013), and newer devices in the coming months.
Features Readers Love about Kindle
The all-new Kindle includes all the features that have made the Kindle family the best devices for reading:
- The world’s best eBook store—Find more than one million Kindle books, and thousands of Arabic titles on Amazon.com (www.amazon.com/kindlebooks).
- Reads like real paper—A no-glare display perfect for reading, even in bright sunlight.
- Carries thousands of books—Easily take your library with you on-the-go.
- Weeks of battery life—A single charge lasts for weeks.
- Read books your way—Personalize your ideal reading settings on your Kindle device with a selection of fonts, font sizes, and text alignment options.
- Buy once read everywhere—With Whispersync, save and synchronize your last page read, bookmarks, and annotations from your Kindle eBook across all of your Kindle devices and the free Kindle app, so you can always pick up where you left off on any device.
- Worry-free archive—Automatically backs up your Kindle books in the cloud so you never need to worry about losing your books—re-download your books wirelessly anytime for free.
- Time to Read—Tells you how much time it will take to finish a chapter or a book based on your personalized reading speed.
The new device joins Kindle Paperwhite, which features a high-resolution, 300 ppi display with a flush-front design and waterproofing, and Kindle Oasis, which includes a seven-inch, high-resolution display, waterproofing, and an ergonomic design.
The all-new Kindle is 359 AED and is available today at https://uae.souq.com/ae-en/ae-kindle/c/. Additionally, you can purchase a cover for your all-new Kindle for just 99 AED. Covers are thin, snap perfectly onto your device, and are made of woven fabric in a variety of colors, including charcoal black, sandstone white, cobalt blue, and punch red.