- Redesigned G90 luxury sedan elevates Genesis brand prestige
- Flagship sedan features “Quad Lamp” design, evolving the brand’s Athletic Elegance styling
- Wide range of new standard driver-assistance technologies, including Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Avoidance-Assist
Dubai, UAE - April 25, 2019: Today, Genesis unveiled the brand’s redesigned 2020 G90 flagship sedan in its Middle Eastern debut in Bahrain. The G90 incorporates new-car-level design changes on the exterior and interior, further enhancing its presence as the brand’s flagship sedan through an evolution of Genesis’ signature Athletic Elegance design language. The new “Quad Lamp” styling theme, featuring a prominent horizontal architecture, signals design cues to be seen on all future Genesis models.
“The new G90 is the ultimate expression of the Genesis brand ethos, offering brilliance through superior design, refined performance, and luxury,” said Altar Yilmaz, General Manager for Africa and Middle East Region, Genesis. “As a design-focused brand, we are proud to have refined excellence with the G90, and we are certain the 2020 G90 will elevate Genesis and lead our global brand identity in the luxury vehicle segment in the region.”
Evolving Elegance, Inside and Out
As the ultimate expression of Genesis’ brand DNA, the 2020 G90 shows significant changes to match the discerning tastes of the region’s connoisseurs.
Front and back, the styling of the redesigned G90 evolves the brand’s Athletic Elegance design language. In front, the signature Crest Grille is flanked by a new Quad Lamp styling theme that will become common across future Genesis models. In the rear, Quad Lamps symbolizing the wings of the Genesis logo wrap around from corner-to-corner. The lines of the vehicle flow elegantly from one end to the other through a crisp parabolic line and large LED side indicators embedded in the fenders.
The G-Matrix cross-hatch pattern, inspired by light reflecting from an illuminating diamond, is applied in various areas around the vehicle, beginning with the front grille and extending into the graphics of all exterior lighting elements. The standard 19-inch dish-type wheels, also incorporating the mesh pattern around their outer edge, feature sound absorption technology to noticeably reduce tire noise.
The interior design is dominated by a harmonious flow of horizontal surfaces, including a parallel layout built around the air ventilation system and audio controls. Fine new details are found throughout the interior space, including quilted Nappa leather seating, new contrast piping on the leather-wrapped dashboard, additional leather wrapping on the center console, higher-quality switchgear, and natural wood trim with an exposed grain texture.
The 2020 G90 adds two new colors, Porto Red and Gold Coast Silver, in addition to Marble White, Platinum Silver, Graceful Gray, Carbon Metal, Umber Brown, Royal Blue and Titanium Black.
Convenient, Connected, Intuitive
The G90 introduces multiple technology enhancements and firsts for the Genesis brand. The 12.3-inch central display is re-engineered to incorporate a new Graphic User Interface that features the signature Genesis black and copper color scheme. The widescreen display, which now offers full touch-screen functionality and Apple Carplay® and Android Auto® connectivity, shows multiple functions simultaneously using a convenient split-screen feature.
The interior environment is more serene thanks to Active Noise Cancellation, which reduces noise, vibration, and harshness using leading audio technology to reduce unwanted noise intrusion.
The Genesis Adaptive Control Suspension with electronic damping control smoothly and precisely manages body motions throughout the car’s dynamic range with minimal compromises to ride comfort.
A New Standard in Safety
In keeping with Genesis’ commitment to unparalleled occupant protection, all available safety and driver assistance technologies are included as standard equipment. New systems and features include:
• Lane Follow Assist (LFA) goes beyond the existing Lane Keep Assist system, actively working to keep the vehicle centred in its lane for reduced fatigue
• Highway Driving Assist (HDA) works in conjunction with LFA and Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) to manage the vehicle’s speed and lane position, taking into account lane markings, navigation data, and the movement of the vehicle ahead
• Blind-Spot View Monitor (BVM) uses the side cameras to show the driver a video image in the instrument cluster display when the turn signal is activated; unlike other such systems, it functions for both sides
• Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Avoidance-Assist (RCCA-A) uses side radar to detect approaching obstacles, braking to avoid a collision if required
• Forward Collision Avoidance-Assist (FCA-A) can now detect cyclists, in addition to other vehicles and pedestrians
• Safe Exit Assist (SEA) alerts the driver and passengers if with a chime and cluster warning message when an object is approaching the doors.
The 2020 G90 delivers a stable driving experience with H-TRAC, an advanced all-wheel drive system that detects road conditions with sensors at each wheel. Combined with advanced electronic stability control, H-TRAC enhances vehicle stability on unfamiliar roads or in inclement weather.