- Affirms openness and advocacy for securing the digital economy and strengthening cybersecurity policies and laws to benefit customers, partners, and its extended ecosystem
- Advances digital trust in our hyper-connected world by prioritizing cybersecurity practices that address digital risk
- Improves how customers secure and protect digital infrastructure while complying with international requirements
Dubai, UAE, May 02, 2019: Dedicated to securing and protecting trust in the digital economy, Schneider Electric announced this year its membership in the Cybersecurity Coalition, based in Washington, D.C. As a digital transformation leader operating in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric continues to work closely with governments, customers, and partners to play a principal role in confronting cybersecurity risks and challenges. By joining the Coalition, Schneider affirms its commitment to being open, transparent, and collaborative so it can better detect, prevent, and respond to cyber threats across its extended enterprise.
The Cybersecurity Coalition brings together leading companies to assist government policymakers in developing consensus-driven solutions that:
- Promote a vibrant and robust cybersecurity ecosystem;
- Support the development and adoption of cybersecurity innovations; and
- Encourage organizations of all sizes to take steps to improve their cybersecurity.
“Joining the Coalition demonstrates that Schneider Electric takes cybersecurity challenges seriously and that we are committed to playing a foremost role in developing solutions,” said Hervé Coureil, Chief Digital Officer, Schneider Electric. “Our membership ensures we have a focused seat at the table to initiate open, transparent, and collaborative conversations that advance the adoption of cybersecurity policies and laws for the benefit of our customers, partners, and all stakeholders across our extended enterprise, including the communities and environments we mutually serve.”
As a member of the Coalition, Schneider Electric will explore and help improve how government agencies and regulatory bodies, international standards bodies, security researchers, vendors, partners, and customers work together to tackle cybersecurity risks.
“Schneider Electric shares the Coalition's priorities, and our joining reinforces our commitment to collaborating with industry leaders who have the technology, expertise and unique skills required to secure and protect the digital economy,” said Christophe Blassiau, Chief Information Security Officer, Schneider Electric.
“Working with our global ecosystem of partners, we will continue to push forward both enterprise security and cybersecurity at the convergence of Information Technology (IT) and operational technology (OT). Not only have we adopted a Cybersecurity by Design strategy, which aligns to the NIST Cybersecurity Framework, our IoT-enabled EcoStruxure™ platform provides our customers end-to-end cybersecurity solutions and services to protect a vast digital ecosystem.”