Dubai, United Arab Emirates - September 01, 2019: Alexander Kristoff has won the second – and longest - stage of the Tour of Germany, a 202km route from Marburg to Göttingen. Second place went to Sonny Colbrelli (Bahrain-Merida), third Yves Lampaert (Deceuninck - Quick Step). The standings are the same in the general classification where the Norwegian now leads by 10 seconds.
Kristoff said: 'I suffered all day. I fell back in the middle of the stage but then I managed to return to the group where, as the kilometers went by, I started to feel better. On the last ascent I lost contact again, but managed to get back on. In the sprint I felt really good. When Colbrelli jumped I was a bit boxed in, but then I managed to pass. He continued: 'I haven’t won since Switzerland, before the Tour de France, where I wasn't at my best. Now, however, I am returning to good form as I aim for the world championship”.
Stage 2 results
1. Alexander Kristoff (Nor) UAE Team Emirates 4:21:04
2. Sonny Colbrelli (Ita) Bahrain-Merida s.t.
3. Yves Lampaert (Bel) Deceuninck - Quick Step s.t.
General classification after 2 stages
1. Alexander Kristoff (Nor) UAE Team Emirates 8:10:18
2. Sonny Colbrelli (Ita) Bahrain-Merida +10 '
3. Yves Lampaert (Bel) Deceuninck - Quick Step +12 '
7. Diego Ulissi (Ita) UAE Team Emirates +15 ’