Dubai, United Arab Emirates, April 01, 2020: In an effort to support the State Government of Kerala in managing the COVID-19 pandemic, Aster DM Healthcare is undertaking proactive measures as a responsible healthcare organization with significant presence in the State. The measures were announced by Dr. Azad Moopen- Founder Chairman and Managing Director of Aster DM Healthcare following his conversation with the Honorable Chief Minister of Kerala, Shri Pinarayi Vijayan, who is the leading Kerala’s efforts to contain the COVID-19 crisis.
The measures are:
1. Aster shall be donating Rs 2.5 Crores to Chief Minister’s Relief Fund to support the excellent efforts by the Government of Kerala to contain and eradicate COVID-19
2. Aster has hospitals at Kochi, Kozhikode, Kannur, Kottakal and Wayanad. Aster shall dedicate 750 beds in these hospitals for accepting patients referred by the Government authorities for expert management.
3. Aster shall explore with the Government to organize cluster of isolation/ observation rooms for suspected and positive COVID cases, around the Aster hospitals in Kochi, Kozhikode and Kannur by seeking the co-operation of hotel and apartment owners. The doctors and nurses of Aster shall provide medical support in these facilities.
4. Aster has already started Tele-Health Centers for providing out-patient consultation for patients in panic or people seeking medical consultation on COVID-19 which can be accessed through the website and call centers of all Aster units in India and GCC.
5. Aster MIMS, Kozhikode is one of the 2 labs in the private sector recognized by ICMR to perform the COVID PCR test. This shall be made available to public as directed by the Government. The organization is also seeking permission to perform the COVID Rapid Test in all the 5 Aster Hospitals in Kerala to help the people who are worried and want to get tested. This would increase the number of people being tested for identification, quarantine and treatment.
Speaking on the occasion Dr. Azad Moopen said, “As a healthcare organization, it is our foremost responsibility to work closely with our Governments and introduce all possible measures to contain the health crisis that the world is facing today. In this we applaud the commendable leadership of our Honorable Chief Minister of Kerala Shri Pinarayi Vijayan and our Health Minister Smt. KK Shailaja for their timely and strategic response to help the people of Kerala cope-up with the current situation. We remain committed to working with the Governments and the people in the countries that we operate in to help fight COVID-19.”
“Through our hospitals in India and particularly in Kerala, we remain committed to provide all the necessary support that is needed to help our Governments and the people fight the pandemic. All our hospitals are now offering support through Tele-health services for people seeking advice on COVID following the WHO and government guidelines. We have also introduced protocols to safeguard our existing patients from potential positive cases that may arrive at our facilities,” said Dr. Harish Pillai, CEO- Aster DM Healthcare India.
These efforts are in addition to the other measures that Aster DM Healthcare has announced in all the markets where the Group has operations. Tele-medicine and Consultancy Centres for COVID-19 has been made operational by the Group across India and GCC to enable people to seek accurate medical guidance with ease. In UAE, the Tele-Health Facility operated by Medcare, Aster Hospitals and Aster Clinics also caters to general ailments, addressing the key necessity to access quality medical care from the safety of one’s home or office. Through Aster Pharmacy in UAE, the Group has also enabled home delivery of prescription or pharmacy products.
Aster DM Healthcare is working closely with the local Government in all 8 countries of operation to contain the disease outbreak. In Dubai, Aster Clinic is working closely with the Dubai Health Authority to conduct COVID screening campaigns. The team just concluded door-to-door screening of 400 residents by 40 healthcare professionals in Dubai’s Naif district.