- British Orchard Nursery to provide guideline to maximise distance learning programme in their webinar, “Decoding e-Learning in Early Years”
- Will be held on 22nd April between 11am and 12 noon, open to all parents across the UAE
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, April 19, 2020: The distance learning programme has turned parents into teachers overnight, a role that many parents are struggling with, particularly those of pre-schoolers. In order to guide parents and caretakers on maximising the e-learning experience, British Orchard Nursery is organising free webinar to address the common issues that parents face while teaching at home. Titled, ‘Decoding e-Learning in Early Years’, the webinar will be held on Wednesday, 22nd April between 11am and 12 noon, open to all parents across the UAE.
The webinar will be conducted by a specialist at British Orchard Training Centre, a subsidiary of British Orchard Nursery.
Besides touching upon the various tools that people can use to teach young children while at home, the webinar will discuss how they can adapt to the technological shift. Moreover, it will include discussions on the emotional well-being of children and the family – an important underlying factor which is key to successful distance learning.
Explaining the theme of the webinar, Dr Vandana Gandhi, CEO and Founder of British Orchard Nursery said: “This has not been an easy time for parents who’ve had to adopt to their new role as teachers. While there’s no denying that these are strange times for all of us, young children and toddlers tend to be more sensitive to altered routines within their environment and react more strongly to it. Which is why it’s important that parents understand their child’s fundamental and emotional needs before they begin to teach them.
“Through this webinar, we are reaching out to families and communities across the UAE and the MENA region to help them get more comfortable in their new roles, using technology to their advantage and gradually address all confusions and anxieties that they are facing,” added Dr Gandhi.
The key points of the webinar will discuss:
• How to protect the emotional wellbeing of families in the current situation
• How to create structured routines in order to discipline the e-learning culture
• Help parents use technology and online resources as the way forward
• The dos and don’ts of e-learning
• The relationship between self-motivation and successful outcomes