Company Hosts its First Virtual Channel Awards Event for the Region
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, October 18, 2020: Building on its 100 percent channel-led approach, Lenovo has hosted the 2020 Lenovo Gulf Channel Awards – recognizing the company’s leading partners in the region.
The event, which was held virtually for the first time last week, served as a continuation of Lenovo’s channel drive initiative, through which the company interacts with customers solely via its partner network. Lenovo believes that it is this unique approach, which is integral to ensuring its diverse product portfolio reaches audiences at speed and scale.
As a result, Gartner’s preliminary Q3 analysis notes that Lenovo has maintained its position as the number one PC maker worldwide – shipping over 18 million units.
“At Lenovo, we consider distributors, resellers and system integrators as an extension of our team, each playing an instrumental role in contributing towards our success both globally and here in the Gulf. As an industry, we have faced shared challenges – seeing unprecedented demand for PCs and smart devices as remote working an e-learning took hold. It was our channel partners on the frontline who helped ensure that our products reached the right people, at the right time. We will continue to accelerate our channel-led strategy and extend our gratitude towards the community for its continued support”, said Mohammed Hilili, General Manager, Lenovo Gulf.
Winners of the Lenovo Gulf Channel Awards, across the PC and Smart Devices (PCSD) division:
• PCSD SMB Distributor of the Year (UAE) – Mindware
• PCSD SMB Platinum Partner of the Year – Harib
• PCSD SMB Gold Partner of the Year – SUPER TECH COMPUTER TRADING LLC
• PCSD SMB Silver Partner of the Year – CROWN EXCEL GENERAL TRADING LLC
• PCSD Consumer Distributor of the Year (UAE) – Redington
• PCSD Consumer Platinum Partner of the Year – Musallam
• PCSD Consumer Gold Partner of the Year – Earth Gate Trading Fzco
• PCSD Consumer Silver Partner of the Year – Al Maqam
• Retailer of the Year – Carrefour
• Large Format Retailer of the Year – Sharaf DG
• PCSD Distributor of the Year (Rest of Gulf) – Al Dura
• PCSD Consumer & Commercial Partner of the Year (UAE) – Achiever
• PCSD Desktop Partner of the Year (UAE) – CAP Computer
• PCSD Enterprise Partner of the Year (UAE) – Jumbo
• PCSD Enterprise Partner of the Year (Pakistan) – DWP
• PCSD Enterprise Partner of the Year (Rest of Gulf) – Qatar Computer Services W.L.L.
• PCSD Enterprise Growth Partner of the Year (Rest of Gulf) – Fakhroo Information Technology Services
To better promote engagement and foster collaboration between channel partners and sales teams, Lenovo recently introduced the Lenovo Partner Hub – a centralized online hub providing access to resources, training materials and marketing collateral which can be customized to meet varying requirements.