Dubai, United Arab Emirates - February 26, 2019: A new, technologically advanced commercial air-conditioning (CAC) cooling solution by Midea has launched into the region, offered by the Middle East’s leading air conditioning solutions provider Taqeef.
The Water Cooled Centrifugal Chiller is based on the latest Midea patented technology to guarantee the highest energy efficiency and fill a gap for larger chiller installations in the district cooling space.
The 3,000 tonne chiller is an product extension of the Midea MC series, which has been in the market running efficiently for five years in one of the largest malls in Abu Dhabi, Dalma Mall. An efficiency comparison done between Dalma Mall and an area run by the same energy operator in the capital revealed energy savings of over 15% for the mall in 2016.
With a series counter-flow arrangement, the Water Cooled Centrifugal Chiller provides the advantage of having a compact size and can reach a capacity of 6000 tonnes, without the need for extra components such as piping, valves and pumps, resulting in less space required for the unit, and lower installation costs.
Patented technology featured in the Water Cooled Centrifugal Chiller include:
1. Aerodynamic Technology: The newly designed high efficiency 3D flow alloy impeller is produced at a German GMD 5-axis machine centre. It benefits from high machine precision and 30% reduced impeller thickness, thus reducing the axial force loss and separation losses. The volute is designed perfectly suitable to the impeller. The optimized flow pass can ensure the uniform distribution of flow velocity, contributes to higher efficiency.
2. Pre-rotation Guide Vane Technology: The compressor is equipped with an airfoil shaped pre-rotation guide vane, which produces rotation under different load conditions, thus extending the operation range and increasing part load efficiency.
3. Dual-stage Compression Technology: Compared with single-stage, dual-stage compression has 6% higher efficiency, with lower speed and higher reliability. The Water Centrifugal Chiller uses a unique three-stage separation economizer, which is reliable and effective.
4. Unique Heat-exchanging Technology: The full falling film evaporator and adopted spray technology was first created to achieve film evaporation on the surface of the heat exchange tube, greatly increasing overall heat transfer efficiency and reducing refrigerant charge by up to 40%. The patented refrigerant distributor can improve the homogeneity of the liquid to avoid partial drying, fully showcasing the performance of the heat exchange tube and increasing unit efficiency. As for the condenser, the highly efficient heat-exchanger and optimized structure enhance heat exchange performance. The design of a reverse flow sub-cooling chamber with multiple turbulence increases the sub-cooling level and improves performance.
5. Prospective-control logic: The microcomputer control system features include trend prediction, self-diagnosis, self-adjustment and safety protection. Capable of predicting real load changes according to target values and load level history, the system can modify the operating load and prevent energy waste.
6. Environment friendly: The unit is the quietest chiller in its size range with sound pressure ratings as low as 85dB(A) per AHRI Standard 575. A coin can be balanced on the edge of the compressor-motor assembly. This demonstrates the extremely low vibrations generated by the unit. Zero-ozone depletion R134a refrigerant, green, and has no elimination cycle. Full falling-film technology reduces refrigerant charge by up to 40%, which enables you to qualify for maximum Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) points for Enhanced Refrigerant Management. With the chiller’s high efficiency, additional points for credits from Optimized Energy Performance (EAc1) can be earned.